PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe homeopathy works?

crayola
27-Feb-16, 23:26
Do homeopathic 'medicines' work or are they as Rheghead says no better than a placebo?

It's like the old days, it's poll time. :D

LMS
28-Feb-16, 10:41
My little boy used to periodically come out in mouth ulcers and cold sores and nothing would clear it up. I eventually turned to homeopathic remedies and it worked within a day. I would try it instead of standard treatment, after several days of standard treatments etc. and everytime, it was the only thing that cleared him up. I can't see it being a placebo effect with a 2 year old.

crayola
28-Feb-16, 14:02
It would be interesting to find out why the remedy worked for your wee one. Similarly for janeyj.

As I understand it big research surveys don't look at individual cases in detail.

Rheghead
28-Feb-16, 21:55
Some minor ailments just clear up by themselves. Now if there was a homeopathic cure for cancer or aids then that would be summat.

sids
29-Feb-16, 10:45
As I understand it big research surveys don't look at individual cases in detail.

No, they're big research surveys.

Liz
29-Feb-16, 15:15
I have used homeopathic remedies on my animals with great success and placebos wouldn't work for them.

crayola
05-Mar-16, 01:09
Good grief, right now it's 45% in favour of homeopathy and only 55% against. Rheg must be turning in his rationalist's grave. :confused

We in the sisterhood know the Goddess knows. And what she knows is that homeopathy doesn't work although she and even the scientists can't explain what it is that does work.

janeyj
05-Mar-16, 11:57
I guess there's the science that we know up to now and then there's the science we haven't learnt yet.

Love

Janey

Saveman
05-Mar-16, 14:36
Good grief, right now it's 45% in favour of homeopathy and only 55% against. Rheg must be turning in his rationalist's grave. :confused

We in the sisterhood know the Goddess knows. And what she knows is that homeopathy doesn't work although she and even the scientists can't explain what it is that does work.

Who is the Goddess? Or is that a topic for a different thread?

Rheghead
05-Mar-16, 22:29
Who is the Goddess? Or is that a topic for a different thread?

Yeah the Goddess, don't you know? She's the complementary entity to God!

crayola
13-Mar-16, 13:58
The Goddess:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Goddess_(Neopaganism)