PDA

View Full Version : creag na mara bistro east mey

Bluezulu
27-Apr-07, 22:21
We visted creag na mara and we would NOT recommed it!!! due to the poor quality of the food! the bread was hard and our waiter was very rude:( try the new restuarant at castle of mey it's better value and quality.

stratman
27-Apr-07, 23:41
I went there last year and found it particularly lack luster. The food could have come from a can and did not look appealing and the surroundings felt like a cafe. Did not feel like they were really trying.

Has anyone had experience of the Schoolhouse restaurant at John o'Groats?

stupot
28-Apr-07, 11:59
We go to the creag na mara bistro on a regular basis and have always had wonderful food, all home-cook, we even went for christmas lunch and had a first-class meal at a very reasonable price. As for the staff they have always been extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We would recommend them for a meal or a snack. And another thing the views are great.

footie chick
28-Apr-07, 17:55
[quote=stratman;217432

Has anyone had experience of the Schoolhouse restaurant at John o'Groats?[/quote]

Was lovely when we went haven't been lately will have to give it a go! :lol:

davem
28-Apr-07, 21:14
The Schoolhouse is very welcoming with a good food in pleasant surroundings.
We don't eat out often but will always have them at the top of the list.

henry20
29-Apr-07, 03:01

We went there for a family lunch a few weeks ago. Luckily we'd booked because it was full. Service was slightly slower as a result, but the food was gorgeous and extremely good value for money.

divanp75
29-Apr-07, 17:18
We visted creag na mara and we would NOT recommed it!!! due to the poor quality of the food! the bread was hard and our waiter was very rude:( try the new restuarant at castle of mey it's better value and quality.

My granmother and I regularly go to the Bistro at Creag Na Mara, we have even stayed at the B&B when we first came up here. We have ALWAYS found it friendly and good value, as well as lovely food.

I find the above mentioned quote hard to believe especially seeing as the restuarant at the Castle of Mey is not even open yet!!!!!!

If you do not have a nice meal I find it is always better to speak up so that something can be done about it straight away.

Diane:D

stratman
29-Apr-07, 19:53
I went there last year and found it particularly lack luster. The food could have come from a can and did not look appealing and the surroundings felt like a cafe. Did not feel like they were really trying.

From the following comments I wonder if I visited on a particularly poor night. My experience certainly does not match others. Of course the standards should always be high.

Amowat
07-May-07, 09:25
Have been to Craig na Mara on several occasions. ALWAYS found the food and service to a very high standard. I cannot imagine the "waiter" being rude! He has always been friendly and helpful. The place is immaculate and would recommend it to anyone.

henry20
09-Jan-08, 11:57
Went to Creag na mara for a meal last week. Food and service was excellent. Two 3 course meals, 2 drinks and coffee for £35. A bargain in my book!

I'd definitely recommend it!

NickInTheNorth
09-Jan-08, 12:06

Just been once but have to say the food was of an exceptionally high standard. Service was not the fastest in the world, but as we were there for a relaxing Sunday lunch that suited us absolutely fine.

cyberman
09-Jan-08, 12:58
We have been to the creag na mara, and had coffee and a cake the owners were pleasent and made us welcome.

we also went to try the School House and we walked in and walked back out, nothing like coffee and a cake on the menu, were going to have soup etc but it was a bit stuck up

Simply Unique is a realy cosy place with great animals for the kids to see, and the kids are made more than welcome.

Try the tempest in thurso there six of the best followed by a fruit scone with rasp jam and cream realy is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NickInTheNorth
09-Jan-08, 13:25
we also went to try the School House and we walked in and walked back out, nothing like coffee and a cake on the menu, were going to have soup etc but it was a bit stuck up

I think that criticism is a little unfair, it does not profess to be a "tea shop" or "cafe" or whatever, it is a restaurant. They serve meals.

I find your complaint a little like saying we went to the butchers, and they had no fish!