PDA

View Full Version : bit of advice

saxovtr
27-Apr-07, 10:46
safety regulations for a ladder,whats the score with how high im aloud to work off a ladder?1.3 metres?after that it has to be a harness or scaffold?any1 got any ideas?

MadPict
27-Apr-07, 10:54
Not sure if this helps you - http://www.hse.gov.uk/falls/ladders.htm

I know when we had the Sky dish installed the engineer only had to go up about 7 ft but he had to wear a harness. When I asked him he said if he didn't and his boss happened to visit he could be sacked.

Is this work related?

EDDIE
27-Apr-07, 18:46
[QUOTE=saxovtr;217263]safety regulations for a ladder,whats the score with how high im aloud to work off a ladder?1.3 metres?after that it has to be a harness or scaffold?any1 got any ideas?[/QUOTE
Well believe it or not your supposed to be shown first how to use a ladder before using it and a ladder is supposed to be used for access only not working on the ladder and if your going to be working on a ladder the ladder should have handrails and u should be wearing a harness if your above 1.3 metres

giggs
28-Apr-07, 08:24
stupid isn't it?
beaurocracy gone mad, next they will be wanting a risk assessment for wiping your backside!!

Dusty
28-Apr-07, 09:18
I asked a similar question at work and this is what I was directed to by the HSE Department.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg402.pdf

Hope it helps.

Dusty.

EDDIE
28-Apr-07, 11:51
stupid isn't it?
beaurocracy gone mad, next they will be wanting a risk assessment for wiping your backside!!

it is but you should always work safely work within the guidelines because if you dont your company will not compensate u if you have an accident they will turn the blame onto u for not working safely at the end of the day its the companys duty to provide proper equipment and training for u do your job safely

stratman
28-Apr-07, 13:25
If you were to evaluate the safe working practices of a chef working in the kitchen would it be a whisk assessment?:lol:

Cattach
28-Apr-07, 18:00
If you were to evaluate the safe working practices of a chef working in the kitchen would it be a whisk assessment?:lol:

I eggspect it would be!

Ricco
28-Apr-07, 20:13
Oops! Looks like I've been breaking the regs. I always climb up a ladder to clean the windows and gutters - must get up to 4 or 5 metres. Even go up on the flat roof bit to clean it off occasionally, that's about 6 or 7 metres up before I get there. :eek: