PDA

View Full Version : Highland Councillors still not fit for purpose.

concerned resident
10-Feb-16, 16:19
I thought that Highland Council had no money, yet 110.000 for sculptors at Dunnet, and employee Traffic wardens to get the money back. Councillors still not fit for purpose. nothing seams to change.

dozy
10-Feb-16, 19:26
Traffic wardens would be great ,but only if they come with a big shovel to fill in a pot holes.

Tam 2000
10-Feb-16, 20:13
Watch out on the lyth road its not pot holes , its sink holes. even every road in caithness.

Rheghead
10-Feb-16, 20:51
Doesn't public sculpture provide a focus for tourism? I know of several people who have gone to Groats to look at the sculptures. They've each had a day out, bought a coffee, browsed the shops, whether they've liked the sculptures or no.

neilsermk1
10-Feb-16, 22:38
I thought that Highland Council had no money, yet 110.000 for sculptors at Dunnet, and employee Traffic wardens to get the money back. Councillors still not fit for purpose. nothing seams to change.Do you fancy the job then?

Kenn
11-Feb-16, 01:53
I like so many would like to know what they are going to do about the state of the roads, the rail service that is a joke and the buses not much better, Caithness General, why they ducked out of standing up to Holyrood over the allocation of monies, stopping any further proliferation of wind farms, I could go on.
I must have dreamt that as our elected representatives they are supposed to reflect the views of the people.

dozy
11-Feb-16, 02:23
Roads,Rail and Bus services are prime examples of privatisation at its best . All where brought in by Westminster and the Conservatives. Remember to vote for Ruth Davidson if you more of the same .

janeyj
11-Feb-16, 09:56
Just wondering if Independent councillors would better reflect the views of the people they represent? Or what about forming the Caithness Peoples Party (CPP)? Might shake up the establishment a little. What Fun!

Janey

rob murray
11-Feb-16, 10:34
Just wondering if Independent councillors would better reflect the views of the people they represent? Or what about forming the Caithness Peoples Party (CPP)? Might shake up the establishment a little. What Fun!

Janey

Joking aside, local governance is now centralised in Inverness / Highland Council so a CPP would be the start of a peoples revolt, local people ( non party and independant ) representing local communities first and foremost, no side shows nor distractions, so I think its a great idea

Bill Fernie
13-Feb-16, 21:07
I thought that Highland Council had no money, yet 110.000 for sculptors at Dunnet, and employee Traffic wardens to get the money back. Councillors still not fit for purpose. nothing seams to change.

Seems this is a bit mixed up -as the sculpting story comes from 2013 and as far as I knew was binned after resident said they did not want them.

The latest story is about environmental improvements - see below - happy to be corrected if sculptures are involved.

The Highland Council has awarded a contract to A & W Sinclair for the delivery of environmental improvement works at Dunnet Bay and Dunnet Head. Work on site will commence week beginning 15th February and is scheduled for completion by the middle of April.
Both sites will continue to be open to the public during the construction phase, with only small sections cordoned off at any one time. The construction team are mindful of the Easter holidays and will ensure the main access points are complete in advance of this time.
The improvements include an upgrade to access for less able visitors at Dunnet Head, which incorporates the addition of three new disabled car parking spaces and more general enhancements at Dunnet Bay, namely stone dyke edging to the entrance area, seating, picnic area and a new community noticeboard.

Currently the council has added £24.5 million for capital to be spent on roads in coming years. And for potholes in investing a Jet Patcher. Still it will not be enough I agree but with reducing budgets is an improvement and let's hope is can be seen in Caithness at some point. Potholes can be reported on the council web site and if they are they do get filled.

Alrock
13-Feb-16, 21:31
Potholes can be reported on the council web site and if they are they do get filled.

My understanding of it is that they inspect the roads, know where the potholes are but won't do anything about them until there is a complaint...

Bit like the Fire Brigade driving past a burning building & doing nothing untill somebody reports it, or the police watching a robery taking place & doing nothing until the 999 call has come through...

http://www.highland.gov.uk/info/20005/roads_and_pavements/96/road_faults

15 mins to report a single pothole, multiplied by the number of potholes equals probably years if not decades to report them all.

davth
14-Feb-16, 11:51
Not if you divide them by the number of road users

little miss breezy breeks
14-Feb-16, 14:55
I seen one get filled in with cold tar and a wee highland jig to stamp it into the hole in thurso just the other day, And the following day they were reversing back and forth with there tranist to flatten a another one down:lol: :lol: