PDA

View Full Version : Ok, i got a dilemma !

Solus
26-Apr-07, 18:11
My neighbours, have again !!! gone away and left their cat in the house, its been 7 days now. I had words with them a few months ago when they did the same thing and it caused so much bother....

First let me give you some insight to them, they are not the nicest people, cars have had tyres slashed because they were parked in front of my neighbours house ( they feel as they have lived here for 20 years its their right to park in front of their house !! ) cars get " damaged " often if you park to close to theirs, he cant drive very well ! cars always get punctures due to nails and screws !!! has happened to us 7 times now, strange how it is always after we have parked close to " their " space. Cars get dented etc etc

I know i am leaving soon, but... do i want to open a whole new spate of trouble ? or do what my heart and head says and thats report them ?

I want to, but the cost of replacing tyres is wearing us down, we even set up a camera to watch the cars, but it cant be on all the time ( its hooked to the pc) and its not hard to throw a handful of nails etc on the road without being seen.

We also suspected him of poisening one of our dogs, although it cant be proved as with all the other "accidents"

Dadie
26-Apr-07, 18:17
I would phone the SSPCA they can act on "anonymous" tip offs of cruelty and they can deal with it with the police..

Fluff
26-Apr-07, 18:25
also if they are being abusive, keep a log and visual/audio records if you can.

but please contact the sspca, that cat may not have food or fresh water (or any where clean to go to the loo)

Liz
26-Apr-07, 18:30
Please phone the SSPCA! I realise the predicament you are in but, as Dadie said, you can report this anonymously.
It is awful that the cat has been left alone in the house for this long and even if they have left food and water it will have run out and there must be some mess!!!!

I am so glad you are getting away from these awful neighbours!!!

Please, please help this poor cat.

Solus
26-Apr-07, 18:48
I understand what you are saying but he will know its us, semi detached house !!!

I know what i have to do ! roll on the good times !!!

Done, reported ! oh ma heid ! here we go again

Fluff
26-Apr-07, 18:52
when/if you report it to the sspca, tell them you think the owners will know it is you and belive they will start harresing you.
i am sure they get this sort of thing alot, maybe they can give you some advice?

Solus
26-Apr-07, 19:03
Its ok, i reported, i knew i would , it would have bothered me had i not..... i am ready for the back lash, made a few calls to people i know via work !

I just hate the trouble it brings, cars being damaged etc, cant be proven unless caught in the act and you cant watch your car 24/7 :mad:

jekyll n hyde
26-Apr-07, 20:10
I just hate the trouble it brings, cars being damaged etc, cant be proven unless caught in the act and you cant watch your car 24/7 :mad:[/quote]
reading all the posts....in your situation i would`ve phoned the sspca not matter what the consequences were....having said that no one mentions the police have you been in contact with them about any of the incidents you mention...and as advised collect information as it will be of some help to them.....i know they wont be able to do much at this stage other than keep an eye on the street you are living on and maybe have a word with the people in question.....but at least they know....also i read you are leaving, i think by informing the police could help others..ie others on your street if affected and who ever else moves there....take care in all you do

Liz
26-Apr-07, 20:11
It is so good of you to report this even though you expect a backlash, which I sincerely hope doesn't happen! Good advice from Fluff as am sure the SSPCA could liase with the Police with re possible trouble.

Well done!!!

When do you move? The sooner the better by the sounds of it!!!

attidude9464
26-Apr-07, 20:28
who did you report it too

Solus
26-Apr-07, 20:39
the sspca were informed,

as for the police, i been done this road before................ our hands are tied, unless someone catches him in the act police are powerless to act other than have a chat with those concerned. We can suspect all we want, but unless caught red handed, but dont worry, i still got contacts .......

wild1
26-Apr-07, 20:48
It's so awful that nowadays you have to put up with neighbours like that, I think it's better to say something than nothing as It would have bothered me if I let it go well done for doing something about the situation.

Fluff
26-Apr-07, 20:55
Keep reporting him to the police. they should log each incident and then when it is proven they will see all the reports.
there was a case recently (in wales i think) where an 80 odd year was jailed because she was the orginal neighbour from hell. I read an intreview with the neighbours who said they were told they had to write EVERYTHING down she said or did and to try to record it on audiotape.
dont let this scum drive you out of your home. get them driven out.

johno
26-Apr-07, 22:33
the sspca were informed,

as for the police, i been done this road before................ our hands are tied, unless someone catches him in the act police are powerless to act other than have a chat with those concerned. We can suspect all we want, but unless caught red handed, but dont worry, i still got contacts .......
the sspca will likely call the police as they wont have the authority to enter the house. folks like that should not be allowed to keep an animal.
good on you though. hope all keeps well [evil]

Dadie
27-Apr-07, 10:10
I hope the cat is ok. Could it be worthwhile reporting the harassment to the council as well as the police?? I think they have to act on antisocial behaviour too especially if they are in a council house...

stratman
27-Apr-07, 10:52
Could legal advice/citizens advice help with the antisocial behaviour. I would be careful what you write on the org about "knowing people" as I am sure it could be used against you, although understandable. I respect your decision to report this despite the obvious dangers to yourself. Well done Solus. Good luck.

Solus
27-Apr-07, 11:39
The sspca cant enter the house your correct, but if they look through the house windows and see the cat or any animal in distress they call teh police to gain entry.

Same last year, dog locked in a car, all windows closed, one of the hottest days Aberdeen had, when the police gained entry the sspca officer took a tempreture reading of the car 37.6 degrees c !!!

Angela
27-Apr-07, 12:07
Well, good for you, Solus, you've done the right thing. I'm not sure I'd be so brave...though I hope I would!
I hope the cat is OK.
Why are these people allowed to keep animals? [disgust]
Hope you don't suffer harrassment as a result ....we suffered in the past from horrible anti-social neighbours, the police didn't seem able to do anything....and in the end we felt the only thing to do to sleep at night and stay sane was indeed to move away :(

goldenguernsey
28-Apr-07, 01:52
You did the right thing, I understand it's difficult for you but I would have done the same. Hope you don't have any repercussions but they shouldn't be allowed to have pets if this is how they treat them, hope it all works out OK.

blondscot
28-Apr-07, 16:46
You did the only thing that any decent human being could have done and reported it and now hopefully the SSPCA will act on that report and do something about the poor cat!
Well done!!!!

stratman
01-May-07, 14:52
Everything ok solus

Solus
01-May-07, 15:11
Fine stratman thaks for your concern, other issues kind of put a damper on an other wise lovely day... although so far i have had my cars boxed in, go to the door and although his car is there, there is no one home !! nails and screws scattered in front of garage.... trying to puncture bike tyres !! Just goingto leave then to it !!

Although i do suspect he is night shift this weekend and i am sure i asked a load of lads round for breakfast before a early ride out !!!!;)

stratman
01-May-07, 19:46
I'm guessing your not talking nice quiet push bikes;). Good luck to ya!