PDA

View Full Version : TV Signal

Kevin Milkins
01-Feb-16, 19:50
Has anyone else lost their TV signal? I don't feel like going out in the rain to mess with the aerial if a mast has blown down somewhere.:(

Vixen
01-Feb-16, 22:44
No problem with my sky here in Wick Kev

davth
01-Feb-16, 23:02
Glad to know the sky satellite hasn't been blown over in all this wind

😏

Kevin Milkins
01-Feb-16, 23:07
Never done the sky thing, but something gone tits up with the my TV in Dunbeath.

GeoffNorthWales
02-Feb-16, 11:35
Im at the Inver Caravan Site in Dunbeath and lost loads of my signal on my freeview box, went from 90% to 40% so swapped my antenna for a High Gain one from Home base now back to 90% and no probs, but as you are suffering it may have been a mast problem?, but at least I can watch T V again without that horrible noise when the signal goes, one of the downsides to a digital signal.
Hope you get it sorted?
Cheers
Geoff

Kevin Milkins
03-Feb-16, 05:14
Thanks Geoff
It came right on its eventually so I guess it must have been a mast.

badger
19-Feb-16, 19:38
Meant to reply to this before as I lose my signal on a regular basis. I'm only on Freeview and have a roof aerial installed by Chessor's but I don't think that's the problem as it comes and goes according to the weather. Being in Castletown I think the signal comes from either Orkney or Rumster. It flickers and crackles and loses sound except for BBC which is always fine.

tonkatojo
19-Feb-16, 20:48
I live almost on the river Tyne and every time a large ship passes I lose the tv signal, my brother in law lives 5 mile away on the coast and he loses his signal when certain ships anchor offshore not all ships though.

Kevin Milkins
19-Feb-16, 23:43
I have had problems with ITV again tonight and it gives a low signal warning, I think it has something to do with the BT TV job that we signed up too.

kinloch
20-Feb-16, 21:41
Had a cheap digital recordable box but it somehow gave us a poor signal after 6 months replaced with dearer model problem solved any help to you ???

badger
22-Feb-16, 10:38
I bought a second hand Humax from a friend a while ago but my other tv doesn't come through that although must admit the one through the recorder is often worse. Don't think there are any wind turbines in the way, which could have been a problem. Maybe it's just another penalty, like broadband, of living in the far north.