PDA

View Full Version : Singers...

Jeid
26-Apr-07, 01:26
Since we're all stroking each others groins... who's a good singer?

Blast!
26-Apr-07, 01:32
Words don't describe how I wish I was a good singer...

:(

Jeemag_USA
26-Apr-07, 01:36
Well of course I have to mention Donnie Williamson, he has a rip roaring raw voice that fits the music perfectly.

I think one of the best singers I heard in Caithness was Ian Sinclairs daughter, but I forgot her name? Someone remind me, she had a beautiful voice.

Also Lorna Budge, great voice!

Jeid
26-Apr-07, 01:36
I'm with you squire. Being a good singer would be superb. Nevermind though.

Who's good?

K dragon
26-Apr-07, 01:40
me lol

naw i gotta long way to go before i can evens say im okay lol

donnie does have a good voice.

im terrible with names but the singer of empty fortune is great and very raw. deep with emotion, angst and what not his original song was really good.

Jeid
26-Apr-07, 01:41
Well of course I have to mention Donnie Williamson, he has a rip roaring raw voice that fits the music perfectly.

I think one of the best singers I heard in Caithness was Ian Sinclairs daughter, but I forgot her name? Someone remind me, she had a beautiful voice.

Also Lorna Budge, great voice!

I think the name is Bettine.

I've got a funny feeling I'm related to Lorna Budge... if it's the person I'm thinking of. Yeah, she's also a good singer.

Jeemag_USA
26-Apr-07, 02:37
Not a lot of people probably know either, but David Tashinizi the bass player of the Gaels has a great voice, if you know anyone with a copy of the Gaels first album listen to Track 6 Can Anybody Tell Me, very good vocals.

Truth be told I have listened to a lot of Caithness bands in my time, not very recent ones, but I don't think singers is something Caithnes has been blessed with, granted its not easy to do and most I have heard do their best, but not really any big standouts.

Thanks Jeid, yes Bettine Sinclair, one of the best to sing in the county, outstanding voice.

K dragon
26-Apr-07, 03:21
you sing jeemag?

moncur
26-Apr-07, 09:13
im terrible with names but the singer of empty fortune is great and very raw. deep with emotion, angst and what not his original song was really good.

Cheers dude, i am a great singer! Oh wait..... you're talking about calum

Jeemag_USA
26-Apr-07, 12:53
you sing jeemag?

HA HA HA I try, not very well, but as soon as I get my recording deck you'll get to find out [lol]

zebedy
26-Apr-07, 17:36
Logan Foord
Rhoda Welsh
Steven Bruce
Ewen Mackay

Chobbersjnr
26-Apr-07, 17:42
God rest his wee soul but Roy Stewart had one of the finest "old school" voices I've ever heard

you wouldn't ask him to do Motorhead but 40 Shades Of Green

he da man

K dragon
26-Apr-07, 17:44
thanks for leaving me outta that list zeb lol!

Deemac
26-Apr-07, 23:11
Sally Edwards
Katrina Scott
Nicola Orr
Raymond Henderson
James Sutherland . . . . .

The Pepsi Challenge
26-Apr-07, 23:14
Robbie Pie had a singing voice eerily similar to Morrissey's.

cullbucket
28-Apr-07, 06:13
Jay Gillies
Einstein 8o)

And I hev to agree on the pie

TazHowlinGael
12-May-07, 15:55
Not a lot of people probably know either, but David Tashinizi the bass player of the Gaels has a great voice, if you know anyone with a copy of the Gaels first album listen to Track 6 Can Anybody Tell Me, very good vocals.

Truth be told I have listened to a lot of Caithness bands in my time, not very recent ones, but I don't think singers is something Caithnes has been blessed with, granted its not easy to do and most I have heard do their best, but not really any big standouts.

Thanks Jeid, yes Bettine Sinclair, one of the best to sing in the county, outstanding voice.

Thankyou very much for your compliment Jeemag i thought the singing quality bwas alright on that one but the actual lyrics were crap!! Because that is just not my forte but i also did some singing with Mark Wright on some celtic stuff!

Taz

TazHowlinGael
12-May-07, 16:01
you sing jeemag?

Paul Rodgers
Freddy Mercury
John Popper
Ray Lamantanya
Joe Cocker
David Gray
Janis Joplin
Macy Gray

And beleive you me my list could go on and please don't challenge me on this! Now i no that none of these are local but for god sake limiting us to quality vocalist in Thurso lets face it will not give us much of a thread!!

Studio66
12-May-07, 16:37
Male singer - Ewen (crimson tide), hes a fantastic singer !! Female - Rhoda Welsh, some voice on that girl !!

DOC ROCK
12-May-07, 17:36
Stevie Taylor "Saxifer". He is an awesome singer and is in a league of his own.

Jeemag_USA
12-May-07, 18:47
Paul Rodgers
Freddy Mercury
John Popper
Ray Lamantanya
Joe Cocker
David Gray
Janis Joplin
Macy Gray

And beleive you me my list could go on and please don't challenge me on this! Now i no that none of these are local but for god sake limiting us to quality vocalist in Thurso lets face it will not give us much of a thread!!

Taz ya dafty, you missed the brothers Morrison, Jim and Van [lol]

Chobbersjnr
13-May-07, 03:35
Taz ya dafty, you missed the brothers Morrison, Jim and Van [lol]

Ahem formerly known as the brothers Safeway:lol: