PDA

View Full Version : Wick telephone number

telcras
28-Jan-16, 18:15
Please help, I've had a few calls from a Wick number, 01955 459747, didn't answer it as I don't recognize it as the usual Wick numbers have a '60', does anyone know if this is a genuine business/domestic number in Wick.

greyskye
28-Jan-16, 18:34
No its telesales. Get it all the time.

gleeber
28-Jan-16, 18:51
I read in either the Courier or the P&J that its a scam. Apparently its not that difficult to prefix the local area code and if you see its local your more likely to trust it.

Kirdon
29-Jan-16, 14:13
Talk talk and sky have their own numbers that do not start with "60" so it could be a Wick number.

daisychain
29-Jan-16, 14:49
I get them too it turned out to be one of the PPI lines, the wick number caught me out.

telcras
29-Jan-16, 17:12
OK thanks folks

GEMMA
04-Feb-16, 11:37
I too had this, for the accident I never knew I had :confused, I have blocked it now though.

janeyj
04-Feb-16, 14:21
Effectively, when we pay our phone bill, we are paying to be harassed. Is this right? Sadly, the Tory Government would rather allow these practises than hinder, in their minds, potential ways for big business to make money. One of the first things I would do as PM is ban all cold calling so we can live in peace in our own homes.

bekisman
04-Feb-16, 16:35
Effectively, when we pay our phone bill, we are paying to be harassed. Is this right? Sadly, the Tory Government would rather allow these practises than hinder, in their minds, potential ways for big business to make money. One of the first things I would do as PM is ban all cold calling so we can live in peace in our own homes.
Eh? you SNP or something (blaming the Tory's for everything) Cold calling was around in the 70's!!

janeyj
04-Feb-16, 19:32
Eh? you SNP or something (blaming the Tory's for everything) Cold calling was around in the 70's!!

Yes you're right cold calling did exist in the 70's but on the scale it does now? Maybe it's about time something was done about it haha? Oh and I'm not sure I wrote that I blamed the Tories for everything? In truth I don't have a political allegiance bekisman but thank you for taking an interest. It's just that the UK currently has a Tory government which is why I referred to them in particular.

Just my thoughts.

Love

Janey