PDA

View Full Version : Dead cat at Janetstown

Amowat
20-Jan-16, 19:43
I lifted a dead black and white cat between Janetstown Gas Works and the Recycling Centre today. Took poor cat to the vet but it wasn't chipped. Just if anyone is missing poor puss that's where he or she is. Don't know why, if you hit a cat, why can't you stop and take the unfortunate creature to the vets? Surely it deserves a bit of dignity rather than leaving it beside the road.

davth
21-Jan-16, 08:10
i am sure i wouldn't be getting blood, guts and brain all over the interior of my car and clothes / hands.
Its not like the vet will resurrect the moggy is it?

Amowat
21-Jan-16, 09:21
i am sure i wouldn't be getting blood, guts and brain all over the interior of my car and clothes / hands.

The cat was put straight into a black bag with no mess to me or the car. I couldn't be so heartless to leave it lying there, it could've been someone's beloved pet. As for your stupid comment regarding the vet I am totally speechless!

sweep
21-Jan-16, 14:48
Thank you for doing this for the poor cat

luskentyre
22-Jan-16, 20:02

As the original poster pointed out, the intent was to check if the cat was chipped. Had it been then the owner would have been able to find out what had happened.

Why bother posting if you've absolutely nothing to add to the topic?

Rheghead
23-Jan-16, 00:27
As the original poster pointed out, the intent was to check if the cat was chipped. Had it been then the owner would have been able to find out what had happened.

Why bother posting if you've absolutely nothing to add to the topic?

some people just engage their mouths before their brains

linnie612
23-Jan-16, 01:38

Maybe you've never loved a pet? As distressing it is to have one die, it is worse to have one go missing and not know what happened to it.

Getting an injured/dead animal into a car surely doesn't necessitate all the drama you have attached to it,- besides, hands, clothes and yes, even car interiors (if you don't have the foresight to lay something down), can be cleaned.

davth
23-Jan-16, 19:26
Maybe you've never loved a pet? As distressing it is to have one die, it is worse to have one go missing and not know what happened to it.

Getting an injured/dead animal into a car surely doesn't necessitate all the drama you have attached to it,- besides, hands, clothes and yes, even car interiors (if you don't have the foresight to lay something down), can be cleaned.

What makes you think it was a pet?
nothing that has been posted suggests it was.
As far as I remember there is no requirement to stop after hitting a cat.

linnie612
23-Jan-16, 21:14
What makes you think it was a pet?
nothing that has been posted suggests it was.
As far as I remember there is no requirement to stop after hitting a cat.

I didn't say it was a pet, YOU replied to the original post - Amowat alerting Orgers that they had found a dead cat, and that they had tried to find out if it belonged to anyone!

Neither did I say there was any requirement, legal or otherwise, to stop after hitting said cat.

I just fail to see the point in your comment.

davth
23-Jan-16, 22:45
I didn't say it was a pet, YOU replied to the original post - Amowat alerting Orgers that they had found a dead cat, and that they had tried to find out if it belonged to anyone!

Neither did I say there was any requirement, legal or otherwise, to stop after hitting said cat.

I just fail to see the point in your comment.

What was the point in referring to the love felt for a pet then?

linnie612
24-Jan-16, 01:18
What was the point in referring to the love felt for a pet then?

#1. .

davth
24-Jan-16, 11:14
#1. .

Nope, I don't comprehend hyrogriphics

linnie612
24-Jan-16, 15:55
Nope, I don't comprehend hyrogriphics

Unfortunate. I was hoping to re-direct you to the original post - never mind!

At least the animal was picked up, and hopefully, if it belonged to someone, they found out what happened to it. It's awful not knowing.

Can't really think there's much left to say on the subject, but hey, knock yourself out if you want the last word ;I