PDA

View Full Version : Where is Longberry

GeoffNorthWales
18-Jan-16, 16:00
Hi All,
I am looking to do a bit of sea fishing from the shore at weekends and keep hearing of this magical place called Longberry, but cannot seem to find it online. So if anyone could please point me in the right direction that would be great and also a rough idea how far it is from Dunbeath, or if anyone can tell me of any other local hot spots.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Geoff

Stack Rock
18-Jan-16, 17:32
Its NE of Oldwick Castle. In Wick follow the direction signs for the castle and there's a car park at the end of the road past the trinkie outdoor swimming pool. Unfortunately there is a bit of a climb down to the rock shelf where you fish from and the way down is not easy to find. Go over the style and go in an easterly direction. It can be slippery if the rocks are wet. Its on an OS map.

GeoffNorthWales
20-Jan-16, 15:48
Thanks for the info Stack Rock, think I will be taking it very easy on them rocks seen as I cannot swim lol, but I have been told this is a really good fishing spot, so will give it a try in a week or two once I have a look at the tide times.
Thanks for your help
Cheers
Geoff

richardj
20-Jan-16, 16:57
I have seen people (often kids) fishing off this fishing spot for several years and I have still not found the spot you need to clamber down to the flat rock shelf. The map ref for it is http://www.bing.com/mapspreview?&cp=58.425786~-3.075413&lvl=18&style=h&v=2&sV=1&form=S00027 - probably best to go with a mate just in case you have a slip going down the rock face. I do believe there is a rope to help you down.

For all the great fishing up in Caithness it is a shame there is no sea fishing club for Wick/Scrabster as there is in the Orkney Islands.