PDA

View Full Version : i think i saw jesus!

brandy
20-May-05, 22:54
*giggles* ok coming back from inverness this afternoon.. in the lashing rain.. (by the way this is just after you leave inverness.. and come off the first roundabout that has the sign for wick) there was a man trudging down the side of the road.. wearing red robes and toting a cross.. full size over his sholder dragging it along in the lashing rain.. well at least to help him along the botton of the cross had a wheel on it... but it was a bit of a shock... to say the least.. .. i looked across at my husband and said.. hunny was that jesus? :Razz
but seriously does any one have any idea for what reason a man in red robes was trudging down the side of the road with a cross over his sholder?
please would love to know what was going on there!

Rheghead
20-May-05, 23:00
Last night I watched a documentary. On it someone described seeing a man dressed as Jesus. It turned out he was the viscous kidnapper of Katherine Smart.

moshmosh
21-May-05, 00:03
Elizabeth Smart you mean. :)

Rheghead
21-May-05, 00:09
Elizabeth Smart you mean. :)

cheers moshmosh I stand corrected

girnigoe
21-May-05, 00:16
I also saw the same cross two days ago in Wick. Only there were two guys walking with it!!! :confused

Rheghead
21-May-05, 00:20
I also saw the same cross two days ago in Wick. Only there were two guys walking with it!!! :confused

The second guy must be taking the part of Saint ujar who help Jesus when his strength failed? Such attention to detail...Bless!

katarina
21-May-05, 10:18
We saw him too when we were coming from inverness. just the one. Guess they must keep coming up with novel ideas on how to do the john o'groats to lands end walk. At least that's what i assumed.

caisha
21-May-05, 11:42
I saw him at Bruan last week (only one person) and assumed, like Katarina, that he was doing a Groats to Lands End walk. It was a bit surreal though :)

ŠAmethyst
21-May-05, 11:54
I think this guy's done it at least once before to raise money. Can't remember whether it was for Christian Aid or not...

SandTiger
21-May-05, 13:49
We saw "jesus" at the Helmsdale roadworks on Wednesday - His cross had a wheel on the bottom, so I guess times change, after all ;)

Nearly crashed the truck :lol:

SandTiger
21-May-05, 22:53
Gives a whole new meaning to the saying - "Baby Jeeeezus on a Trike"

dawncw
23-May-05, 10:44
Yeah i saw him too when going down to collect my new car on thursday evening, he was walking towards inverness just before u come to the Tore roundabout at bout half 7.