PDA

View Full Version : soup

brew
25-Apr-07, 11:58
was wondering if anyone had any tips for making soup, i have tried numerous of times and always mess it up...its the only thing i have trouble making i love tattie soup and lentil, always get pots of it from my inlaws or my dad so would be nice to do it myself! help

golach
25-Apr-07, 15:39
was wondering if anyone had any tips for making soup, i have tried numerous of times and always mess it up...its the only thing i have trouble making i love tattie soup and lentil, always get pots of it from my inlaws or my dad so would be nice to do it myself! help
Plenty recipes for some interesting soups on here, just scroll down the recipes Forum. I use Knorr chicken stock cubes as the stock for all my soups learnt that from watching ready steady cook lol

henry20
26-Apr-07, 10:10
You can't beat lentil soup made with ham stock - you can buy off cuts of bacon in supermarkets for about £1. I usually trim the fat off before cooking. Depending on how you like your lentil soup, you can take bacon out, whizz up the soup and put bacon back in for a nice meaty bowl of soup, use the bacon elsewhere or just whizz the whole lot up.

I love lentil soup - its the only soup I ever make.

wild1
26-Apr-07, 17:47
I make my lentil soup with chicken stock cubes
1 packet of lentils
4 onions chopped
3 leeks chopped
4 decent sized carrots chopped through it all into a pan then I grate 2 carrots into the pan bring to the boil and enjoy. I haven't had no complaints so far.