PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Cafe

Fran
25-Apr-07, 02:25
What do you all think of wick Co-ops plans to change part of the store into yet another cafe?
The extension part which houses all the electricals, dog/cat food, washing powders etc and freezers is to be turned into a cafe, and those items will be placed in the main part of the store.
The worst plan they have is to close down their delli, as it is the only one in wick now, how stupid is that!!!

golach
25-Apr-07, 09:31
he worst plan they have is to close down their delli, as it is the only one in wick now, how stupid is that!!!
This must be a counrty wide Co-op policy, went to our local Co-op in Leith to get some thing nice for my salad, and no Deli, when I asked a member of Staff where it had gone to? I was told it shut last week [evil]

badger
25-Apr-07, 09:42
Presumably yet another "initiative" from some overpaid whizz kid in head office who has probably never shopped in a supermarket or bothered to find out what people really want. I never understood why the dairy/food refrigerated section was turned into a container for masses of boxes of Irnbru (sp?). Looks awful. Why don't they listen to their customers for a change? They could spend the money tidying the place up, cleaning the lavs., keeping the shelves stocked and tidy, opening up tills when there are queues. Why would they get rid of the deli? Crazy.

Spirit
25-Apr-07, 09:47
Thurso Cop-op deli now closes at 6pm and are closed on a Sunday. Maybe the same thing is happening there and I heard rumours the Thurso Somerfields deli is meant to be closing.

Doesn't Tesco (in wick) have a deli???

brew
25-Apr-07, 11:03
i can answer ur question til the thurso deli closing early... i used to work there and i got treated like absolute crap! too much bitching and not enough work, so due to lack of staff and not enough money to employ someone new they shut early, somerfield deli is closing think they are getting rid of coffee shop to and opening some sort of subway type thing instead, is what i heard

dirdyweeker
25-Apr-07, 20:23
there is nothing definate about the cafe at Wick Co-op. It is possible that the area spoken about will be let out to a franchise. At the moment there is no plans for anything to be moved from the area and the extension (electricals etc) is the most used part of the shop.

mr do dar
25-Apr-07, 21:23
tesco have a beautiful deli the meat always looks nice and fresh . if you want something cutting special the staff will do it there and then and the prices are good too . :)

gollach
25-Apr-07, 23:49
The worst plan they have is to close down their delli, as it is the only one in wick now, how stupid is that!!!

I am sure Tesco has a deli, Fran.

SNOWDOG
26-Apr-07, 21:55
The Wick Tesco does have a deli and i have to admit its pretty good! :)

bluebell
28-Apr-07, 02:04
I vote yes for wick coop having a cafe all the staff are so nice