PDA

View Full Version : Lies, Lies, Lies

danc1ngwitch
24-Apr-07, 17:47
Truth!!! People Lie so easy, ( some of us ).
Some of us will add to a story we hear and forget the final
consequences.
What happens to the ones that are accually affected, by these Lie's?
Deceit, Lies and misleading people on purpose, and all because
We never let a good yarn get in the way of a made up story.
Many of us have been at the end of lie's.
We tell lie's and we listen to Lie's.

jings00
24-Apr-07, 17:52
i try not to lie. dont see the point in it.
wee fibs areny too bad, like if someone hasny been feelin well and you say they are lookin better (even if they areny) sorta thing.
as i have gotten older i am more inclined towards the opinion that if you are nasty and orrible to other folk, it's gonna come back and bite ya on the bum at some time.
someone been botherin ya DW? someone wi nothin better to do more than likely.

sam
24-Apr-07, 18:20
If you cant say whats the truth then say nothing atall, Personnaly i dont see the point in lying it will always come back and bite you on the butt anyway, the truth will always come out. so better to be honest in the first place.

Metalattakk
24-Apr-07, 18:27
Lie's, Lie's, Lie's

Apostrophes, apostrophes, apostrophes.

danc1ngwitch
24-Apr-07, 20:03
Apostrophes, apostrophes, apostrophes.
importnt, importnt, ,,,,, important... ops care factr, care factr?? ops care factor is ... ZERO[lol] <<< ops just kiddin aroond

crazy
24-Apr-07, 20:16
I always say to my boys - Always tell the truth & you won't get into trouble. One day, one of them came running into the house saying " Mum, you always tell us to tell the truth & we won't get into trouble don't you? Well I've just crashed my bike into your car & there's 3 big scratches on your car! But I told the truth!!!"

karia
24-Apr-07, 20:22
Truthfull boys! = a whole life time worth of scatched cars...no contest!

sweetpea
24-Apr-07, 20:29
Some liars have a compulsion to make things up but are so out of touch with reality they can't see it. I've met a few Walter Mitty's, born liars who don't know fact from fiction cause they forget what they have said, who they said it too..
I think there's lots of different types of lie, on one hand some people tell them to make themselves look good or not to appear boring but for others it's pure malicious gossip with the intent to harm others.
On the other hand I think there's a need for wee white ones sometimes to save people's feelings or to protect yourself.

karia
24-Apr-07, 20:43
nothing wrong with a wee bit of embellishment to a good story!

Otherwise, truth will always win the day.

People are, as they are, good ,bad, honest, sad...
bit of everything and dreaming of being so much more..No harm in
dreaming !

sweetpea
24-Apr-07, 21:16
Yeah arms and legs can make a dull story more appealing but if it's at someone's expense and could cause them hassle and you know it well that is something else. Maybe there should be a lying scale and we could rate them.

Lolabelle
24-Apr-07, 23:05
Let your "Yes" be yes and your "No" be no. For whatever is more than these is from the evil one. Matt 5 : 37

And you also need a really good memory if you are going to lie, I personally don't have a good enough memory or a calloused enough conscience. I feel so guilty if I even embellish something a bit. :~(

celtic 302
25-Apr-07, 13:24
Lolabelle, you quote from the bible, but the bible in itself is one long book of lies.

Anyway, lies happen... so do bad things. We would all like a perfect world but it will never happen. It is in human nature to lie and do bad things, it makes the world go round. Up until the day we all vacate this planet, there will be bad people doing bad things to people. Lieing is one of those things, so as unnessecary as they are, where would we be without them???

And to go of on a tangent, would we really know what to do with ourselves, when all the bad things stop???