PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a large slate grey cat? - Occumster area

humbug
20-Dec-15, 15:14
Do you own a large slate grey cat, with green/yellow eyes as it (he..?) seems to have adopted me and is making himself very comfortable in my house. He's super friendly and in good condition so he must belong to someone fairly local I would think. I'm in the Occumster/Roster area and I doubt he'll be too far from home. No notches in either ear to show he's been neutered or spayed either. Not sure if his vaccinations are up-to-date but he is sneezing quite a lot at the moment so I'd like to get him back to his owner so that they can get him checked out, if they want.

He's got no collar or tag so I can't get in touch with you if he belongs to you. Not seen any lost/missing notices about either. Willing to get him scanned for a chip at the vets if necessary but hopefully it won't need to come to that as his owners will come and take him home in time for Christmas!

PM on here if you think he might be yours. Thank you!

dousslesh
21-Dec-15, 00:09
Hi
Thanks looking after this cat - I'm sure he / she appreciates your kindness !
If you put details on Caithness Cats Protection Facebook page this will ensured details are available to a wider audience -Lost cat details are often posted by worried owners and that also check regularly to for any repoted sightings. Worth a try !
The cat will not have notches on either ear as it is only feral cats Cats Protection arrange to neuter and mark the ear ( To ensure the same cats are not trapped and operated on twice )
As you say probably is worth while asking the Vets to check for a microchip - and the sneezing could be an indication of a problem too. If you need further advice or assistance please contact Cats Protection helpline Tel.no 0345 371 4217
Beautiful cat !

humbug
28-Dec-15, 11:05
Thanks for your post Have located his home and contacted them One happy ending !!!

Liz
28-Dec-15, 20:05
Bless you Humbug for looking after the cat and reuniting him with his owner. :)

dousslesh
28-Dec-15, 23:41
That's great news ! One happy cat and one happy owner !
Well done and thank you !