PDA

View Full Version : The Dounreay Archive

Janmac101
18-Dec-15, 23:19
I see Millions are being spent on an Dounreay archive, when the County(North) seems to be running out of money for life's most important things....e.g. Healthcare and Road gritting.
I remember many years ago.....actually in the 60's, seeing Fathers of my friends with massive Radiation burns......and the saga goes on with the Radiated pellets being found on the Beaches etc etc.
I personally disagree with that, and likely the Council Offices, plus the new ones doon e road.
What sayeth the North people?
Just thoughts.......
-

sids
18-Dec-15, 23:40
I think you may be exaggerating about the "massive burns," or they may have had nothing to do with radiation or Dounreay.

When was the last beach particle found?

And do such unfortunate things mean records should not be kept?

The archive is a building project. It all makes work for the working man to do.

bekisman
18-Dec-15, 23:43
I see Millions are being spent on an Dounreay archive, when the County(North) seems to be running out of money for life's most important things....e.g. Healthcare and Road gritting.
I remember many years ago.....actually in the 60's, seeing Fathers of my friends with massive Radiation burns......and the saga goes on with the Radiated pellets being found on the Beaches etc etc.
I personally disagree with that, and likely the Council Offices, plus the new ones doon e road.
What sayeth the North people?
Just thoughts.......
-Ah! I know who you are now! oh come on chappie, this is all sour grapes, I see exactly what you are up to, and it's rather sad yet hilarious:lol:

bekisman
19-Dec-15, 11:18
Don't know if it's worth continuing with this Thread? the poster has issues with John Little, as any orgers on here who have been for any length of time will know John was a very strong advocate of the Dounreay Archive, and worked hard on trying to secure 'The Dome' for posterity..
No I'm not the mouthpiece for John Little, I am a Royalist and thus did not post on his thread which stirred up a bit of controversy - although I understand that was not his point.
All we do now is wait for the next new name of Org members and hope that they are genuine, which the vast majority are.. its a pity that John has now gone, as it was stated by a number of orgers on these pages and privately, he brought some new discussions onto these pages.. and no one wants it ruined by mavericks whose sole intention is to cause ructions ?

sids
19-Dec-15, 12:01
Don't know if it's worth continuing with this Thread?

Don't know. Most of it's yours.

bekisman
19-Dec-15, 13:01
Don't know. Most of it's yours.
Sorry about that sids you're right of course! - I'll meander off and annoy someone else;)