PDA

View Full Version : litter rant

sweep
24-Apr-07, 10:52
walking through market square this morning and there's a guy standing dropping bits of paper from a cd holder. i tried to ignore but couldn't help myself! i asked him why he dropped it given that someone had to come and pick it up to which he replied that person was paid to do it.
felt like making a citizen's arrest haha. litter lout's are a pet hate of mine!!!

Solus
24-Apr-07, 11:34
Same here, see loads of folk just dropping litter all the.. although my biggest bug is when they dump their mcdonalds or burger king rubbish out the window. I have in the past picked it back up and bunged it back through the young guys car window, his face was a picture and pointed out a bin to him... usually now i go for the embaressment line now and just shout " hey is that not a bin over there "

stratman
24-Apr-07, 11:59
walking through market square this morning and there's a guy standing dropping bits of paper from a cd holder. i tried to ignore but couldn't help myself! i asked him why he dropped it given that someone had to come and pick it up to which he replied that person was paid to do it.
felt like making a citizen's arrest haha. litter lout's are a pet hate of mine!!!

It's in your name:lol:.

Seriously I also get very annoyed with litter louts including those that think its fine to drop fag buts and leave dog faeces. Well done challenging the ill- educated person sweep!

Liz
24-Apr-07, 12:08
Litter louts are a pet hate of mine as well!!!

I hate to see the amount of litter which is just 'dumped' by these idiots.

By the amount of sweet papers, lager cans, crisp bags etc on the roadsides it is obvious that people are just throwing them out of car windows. People also empty their ashtrays in lay bys!!!!!

Many times a nice country walk is spoiled by seeing all this unnecessary debris!
It is not only unsightly but dangerous to wildlife and farm animals.

I often go home from a walk clutching cans, crisp packets etc to take home and bin.

Why should we have to clear up after them? And I'm not paid for it!!!

Well done Sweep and Solus for confronting them.:D

johno
24-Apr-07, 13:02
There really is no need to discard litter onto the street while there are plenty of litter bins everywhere, and it is easy enough to take it home with you. we all pay for the litter louts reckless attitudes while the town suffers most with chip paper,s crisp bags etc blowing all over the place
and now old tesco bags lying around everywhere on the north side of the town. [disgust] [disgust] Some introduction for the visitors

cuddlepop
24-Apr-07, 13:45
Its one of my pet hates too.Portree is an eyesore just now,especially where the high school kids hang out at lunchtime.Our nature walk is a litter tip:mad: .
I was brought up to take my sweetie wrappers home,seems no one cares anymore.