PDA

View Full Version : omg the water!

brandy
19-May-05, 08:10
ok just tried to run a bath... hot water fine.. went to put cold water in and all the sudden dark orange reddish water comes out then the bottom of the tub starts filling with gunk...
i let the water run for a few min trying to let it run clear.. when i let the water out of the tub there is about an inch of what i assume to be rust? in the tub.. have spent the last 20 min cleaning it out!
right now letting cold water run full blast.. to try to clear it!
and still stuff is coming out!!
this is ridiculous!
i understand they clean out the pipes and things but for that much yuck and filth to come into your bath tub! what if you had been in the middle of a shower when it happened? and not just running a bath?!?!
or the kids were in the bath and running just a bit more water in?
that can not be safe!!
any one else had this problem?

doreenhedgehog
19-May-05, 09:19
Maybe God could help - I have his e-mail address if you like? Sounds like it's right up his street. :D

Sorry couldn't resist that. Seriously I've had rusty looking water coming through the pipes before but not on that scale. Usually if you just open the tap up and give it a blast through it clears.

Drutt
19-May-05, 09:22
I assume it's probably peaty water rather than rusty water. Perfectly safe, just not very nice to look at.

Riffman
19-May-05, 09:36
Perhaps it is cos they are still mucking about with the water mains in south road?

ŠAmethyst
19-May-05, 10:55
I'd imagine it was just peaty water. I remember when I was a kid, seeing it in the bathtub for the first time - was not impressed. Perfectly safe, though.

And if it is rust, that'd be quite safe to bathe in, too, unless you've got huge chunks of metal coming out of your taps.

The water tank in the attic here is sooooo old that it's starting to rust - we get a tiny bit of rust in the bottom of the bath if the hot tab gets to run cold. Nowt to worry about.

But if you're sure it's none of these, you're best contacting the water authorities.

Fesman
19-May-05, 12:26
Wonders to himself

What's the coffee taste like?

pie2000
19-May-05, 16:08
My dog would rather drink the water out a buket at the back o eh shed than touch the stuff that is in her bowl. I have no problem bathing in it its drinking the stuff where i have the problem!! :roll: