PDA

View Full Version : Fifa, seep blatter and me.

piratelassie
07-Dec-15, 22:39
Just watched this programme and noticed the England bid for the world cup was represented by the union flag. I thought the English flag was red and white not red white and blue. Just thought I'd mention it AGAIN. When oh when will the powers that be ever get it right.

rob murray
08-Dec-15, 10:09
Just watched this programme and noticed the England bid for the world cup was represented by the union flag. I thought the English flag was red and white not red white and blue. Just thought I'd mention it AGAIN. When oh when will the powers that be ever get it right.

It seems like they used the union jack when as a seperate nation state, in football terms, they should have used the flag of ST George, well spotted.

weezer 316
22-Dec-15, 12:16

I am astonished you got something right....and then wrong. It was a reference to the British govt backing, which means it was technically correct, although given the fact England has a national team the its wrong I suppose.

Thing is....who cares? You once called the Netherlands by the name Holland.....