PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other old posters still looking in?

bekisman
05-Dec-15, 22:55
Hi all those old posters who were putting nice little comments on here, it was good to see it, unfortunately the horseman just could not resist mucking it up.. never mind there's always one - So I deletet the lot as he seems to want to hijack it - certainly proves a point that 'someone' has to ruin things.. ego thing I suppose...

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:12
Ah well.

Never mind. Such is life.

Wanna see my book cover?

Kodiak
05-Dec-15, 23:19
I have a nice collection of Postcards :D

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:21
On the back of the loo door or in a book?

Kodiak
05-Dec-15, 23:28
I have 3 Albums of them, about 1200 Postcards.

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:30
Aha! A serious collection then.

do you collect any or are there particular types?

bekisman
05-Dec-15, 23:30
Ah well.

Never mind. Such is life.

Wanna see my book cover?

Oh go on then - is this to do with what you were doing when we stayed at your place John?

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:33
No- that was a history book.

This is something else.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/yellow.jpeg (http://s927.photobucket.com/user/johnlittle21/media/yellow.jpeg.html)

Kodiak
05-Dec-15, 23:37
Aha! A serious collection then.

do you collect any or are there particular types?

I collect Seaside Postcards, Donald McGill, Bamforth, Judge etc.

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:37
That was a while back.

you coming down this way again?

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:39
Now that is serious collecting. I think my uncle has a collection of those.

old ones fetch quite a lot I understand.

bekisman
05-Dec-15, 23:41
No- that was a history book.

This is something else.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/yellow.jpeg (http://s927.photobucket.com/user/johnlittle21/media/yellow.jpeg.html)

"This land was supposed to be perfect, with the sun shining twenty-four hours a day" Ain't up here then my boy!

Kodiak
05-Dec-15, 23:41
They do indeed, some can be worth quite a few pounds. So when you add them all up it is surprising how much it would take to replace them.

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:42
Lol! Indeed not - but hey - what did those Greeks know?

A land beyond the North Wind will do me.

bekisman
05-Dec-15, 23:42
That was a while back.

you coming down this way again?

Is that meant for me John - as a lot of postings going on?

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:43
I bet! I see them advertised sometimes and I know they are serious money sometimes.

A good hobby.

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:44
Yes Bekisman - 'twas for thee.

bekisman
05-Dec-15, 23:51
Yes Bekisman - 'twas for thee.
Been quite busy of late - had 110 days 'occupied' this year with family, managed to fit in a trip to USA and a couple of weeks in Toronto, a week after that two weeks in Lancs. to see the 'Weeping Window' in Liverpool, in Feb we're off to Venice for our 5th visit (flying from Wick down to Edinburgh, and Edinburgh direct to Marco Polo - saves a LOT of driving).. But I'm sure we can manage another trip down to your part of the world next year sometime. But don't forget you can always come visit us! got plenty of room..

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:53
I shall bear that in mind and thank you. Grand place you live in.

God's own country, writ large.

Sounds like you're keeping well busy!

ive been to Venice 3 times. It is that sort of spot.

John Little
05-Dec-15, 23:55
Your message box is apparently bursting!

golach
06-Dec-15, 00:31
What's happened to us oldies signing in to say hello, our posts have all disappeared ?.??

bekisman
06-Dec-15, 08:30
What's happened to us oldies signing in to say hello, our posts have all disappeared ?.??
Hello golach, 'fraid I deleted it "Hi all those old posters who were putting nice little comments on here, it was good to see it, unfortunately the horseman just could not resist mucking it up.. never mind there's always one - So I deleted the lot as he seems to want to hijack it - certainly proves a point that 'someone' has to ruin things.. ego thing I suppose..."
He'd posted a long tirade about he'd been looking/reading the Org for 20 years, he was an emergency worker etc etc and I should not have used gallows humour over the Crematorium thread (he orders: "We all can understand 'gallows humor', but perhaps it should be left amongst the Emergency Services. Thank you". although it was a factual comment by me, as having decades as a fire fighter and military) etc. So, as this thread was purely for 'old registered posters' who have mentioned that they don't come on because of such posting, thought best to delete it; sorry about that, oh yes he's been and given me reputation and it ain't a good one.. never mind, we've all seen this over the years!

bekisman
06-Dec-15, 08:32
Your message box is apparently bursting!
Sorry old boy, been a lot of correspondence flying too and fro.. made space again!

Alice in Blunderland
06-Dec-15, 10:44
Alice is still here no postcards or books to talk off but someone once asked me to pop up and see their etchings.....dont know till this day if he was a good artist or not :Razz;)

bekisman
06-Dec-15, 11:21
Alice is still here no postcards or books to talk off but someone once asked me to pop up and see their etchings.....dont know till this day if he was a good artist or not :Razz;)
Hi Alice in Blunderland (from 2005) wot! no cards or books? never mind you'll have to go back and see if it really was etchings!

Anymore old registered Orgers out there????

Phill
06-Dec-15, 11:27
.....to pop up and see their etchings

How dare they! How very dare they suggest such a thing.

*makes mental note of new line to use*

bekisman
06-Dec-15, 12:02
How dare they! How very dare they suggest such a thing.

*makes mental note of new line to use*
Quite agree, now if he had said the original "Veux-tu monter voir mes estampes japonaises?" that would be much more civilised!

John Little
06-Dec-15, 12:55
There's posh now innit!

golach
06-Dec-15, 14:16
Am still here, think my horse stumbled 😂

Anji
06-Dec-15, 14:18
Quite agree, now if he had said the original "Veux-tu monter voir mes estampes japonaises?" that would be much more civilised!?

Del Boy - is that you?

trinkie
08-Dec-15, 00:03
I look in from time to time too. Good to see some of the old names. I was going to ask if anyone remembers the old Heading at this time of year? It was very pretty with 'snow' over the top of the Caithness map ! I dont think they have used it for some years now.

Green_not_greed
10-Dec-15, 14:12
Hi folks. I still keep in touch on and off but e'org is not what it used to be. Only the "Politics" section seems to have a bit of bite but even that's tame compared to the good old days.

Merry Christmas to y'all when it comes :)

GNG

crashbandicoot1979
10-Dec-15, 16:29
I've been on here since 2004 but always been more of a lurker/reader than a poster. Just had a look back through my old posts though, and I was surprised at how many old posters I'd forgotten about. Reading the old threads was interesting - there definitely seems to have been a lot more humour back then. I find that folk get too defensive now. I don't mind a good debate but I can't be bothered with arguments or being called narrow-minded/stupid/whatever just for having a different opinion from someone else.

It wasn't all perfect, mind you. I remember one particular night when everyone had a meltdown over something or another - I started 'the org pub' to try and lighten the mood. It was still on the go until fairly recently...

squidge
10-Dec-15, 17:10
I've been around this forum since 2002! Ive never been anyone except Squidge! Ive always liked posting. We used to use the chat room to good effect. Golach was always getting booted by the lovely and sadly missed Highlander and her Tacketty boots. Highlander, Golach, HTWood, Cindy, Betty, LadyK, Geoff, DrSzin, Gleeber, weeGilli, AC, Jaws, doolally, loafer, serenity and many others lol.

It it was a pile of nonsense but goodness it amused me and I met some lovely people in real life as a result of stumbling onto the chat room. The Sunday evening quizzes were fun too. There were visits to Caithness by forum users that ended up in friendships that have lasted for years now.

There here were some really fun threads, some nonsense threads and some plainly weird and off the wall threads. I have generally felt pretty safe except for one or two exceptions and mostly people who were really horrid ended up going or saying sorry. It's perhaps being replaced by Facebook and Twitter but I hope not.

rob murray
10-Dec-15, 17:46
Ive been on ae org since 2007, never knew it existed until then, mostly posted on music forum and some on general, org wasnt political then really, well some local stuff but since 2014 like everything else, the scottish political divide has hit ae org and some people cant be bothered with some of the "nonsense and games" so dont post. Apparently the alternative org is spinning back to life.

bekisman
10-Dec-15, 19:31
I've been on here since 2004 but always been more of a lurker/reader than a poster. Just had a look back through my old posts though, and I was surprised at how many old posters I'd forgotten about. Reading the old threads was interesting - there definitely seems to have been a lot more humour back then. I find that folk get too defensive now. I don't mind a good debate but I can't be bothered with arguments or being called narrow-minded/stupid/whatever just for having a different opinion from someone else.

It wasn't all perfect, mind you. I remember one particular night when everyone had a meltdown over something or another - I started 'the org pub' to try and lighten the mood. It was still on the go until fairly recently...
You're right, reading through the old posts were interesting, it was a good move on the part of someone was to have a separate section for politics, too many heated opinions with politics (and I'm one of them!) the humour seemed to be around more then. I'm not harking back to 'the good old days' used have slanging matches with Fred and on occasions with Reggi, Squidge etc..
I've had a look at that list of names Squidge and some sadly ain't been here since 2011, most recent logged in was yesterday (come on, pop in and say hello!) but it does show that the majority of those Squidge mentioned have looked in this year, so they are around, although some have gone.. hopefully not too far like Northerner in his Wheelie bin!

It IS Christmas after all! time of leaving the arguments behind and yes Reggie even I think it's climate change doing the dirty on Cumbria!