PDA

View Full Version : Letters to the Editor of NOSN

Rheghead
05-Dec-15, 19:47
Does anyone know if it is taken as implied consent that you can have your letter published when writing to the Editor even if you don't want it to be published?

davem
05-Dec-15, 20:01
Why would you write to a journalist if you didn't want it published? Publishing is what they do!

Rheghead
05-Dec-15, 21:38
Some things are best kept out of the press, that is why.

The Horseman
05-Dec-15, 22:37
If one sends a Letter to the Editor, normally a reply is received, asking for full name, address and phone number. I don't remember being asked for permission. I think if you send it, permission is implied. Just my take on it, but I am am sure you can cancel...

Rheghead
05-Dec-15, 22:49
I just want a candid communication with NOSN without the fear of the tape recorder running.

The Horseman
05-Dec-15, 23:10
'Off the Record'. Beware....From experience. Good luck.

bekisman
05-Dec-15, 23:32
I just want a candid communication with NOSN without the fear of the tape recorder running.

Never trust a Journalist Reggie, dodgy blighters them be..

Alice in Blunderland
06-Dec-15, 10:46
Have you tried giving them aa call to just talk about the issue in hand. Once written and sent I would think the newspaper could use it.

The Horseman
06-Dec-15, 22:33
The tape recorder running thingy.....
The general rule of thumb Internationally is, if you call the Media they take that as an acceptance that they may record what you say for accuracy. Implied consent.
If they call you them they generally ask if it is OK to tape said conversation for accuracy. You can state to them that you do not want to be taped, but as has been said...Be careful. There are general rules and for every one of those,there is an exception.