PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Nolan door to door?

bekisman
01-Dec-15, 20:50
Anyone any ideas? - been in touch with Anthony Nolan HQ for info, but wrote late..
I had a phone call today from a neighbour (Strathy area) who tells me she had a ‘young lad’ who called at her house saying he was to do with Anthony Nolan, and showed an ID card, she was unable to see his face as he was wearing a ‘hoodie’ around his face possibly because of the high winds and rain. He also stated “there were 25 of them going around Scotland, and the Trust was very near to a breakthrough to a cure”.. our friend was concerned that he might not be legitimate and said she would leave it for now…

The strange thing is has been heavy rain all day and this man was walking, and it’s a VERY remote area.

Obviously tomorrow I may hear back from AN, but in the meantime anyone had a similar happening?

burstbucker
01-Dec-15, 21:09
Yes they are going around the houses in Broadhaven in Wick tonight.

Scunner
01-Dec-15, 21:30
ask the police, they are notified about collectors

bekisman
01-Dec-15, 22:03
Yes they are going around the houses in Broadhaven in Wick tonight.

Thanks for that burstbucker, clarifies it a bit, will also report on what AN says tomorrow.. Thanks

Stack Rock
01-Dec-15, 22:36
They were out and about Staxigoe this afternoon.

bekisman
01-Dec-15, 22:47
They were out and about Staxigoe this afternoon.

Thanks Stack Rock this will be reassuring to the neighbour..

cptdodger
02-Dec-15, 02:03
I had one of them knocking on my door in Melvich this afternoon. I went onto their Facebook page, I followed the link from the website, so I would imagine it is the official page, and asked them if they had sent people out, this was their reply -

Anthony Nolan (https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyNolan/) Thank you for your message.

As part of our current campaign we do have door to door fundraisers in Scotland asking supporters if they would like sign up to a regular gift. If you would like any more information or would like to check if we are fundraising in your area in particular, please email support@anthonynolan.org

dx100uk
02-Dec-15, 02:22
ruddy chuggers

bekisman
02-Dec-15, 08:22
I had one of them knocking on my door in Melvich this afternoon. I went onto their Facebook page, I followed the link from the website, so I would imagine it is the official page, and asked them if they had sent people out, this was their reply -

Anthony Nolan (https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyNolan/) Thank you for your message.

As part of our current campaign we do have door to door fundraisers in Scotland asking supporters if they would like sign up to a regular gift. If you would like any more information or would like to check if we are fundraising in your area in particular, please email support@anthonynolan.org

Thanks cptdoger, that's the email address I wrote to last evening, hopefully will get a reply today

bekisman
02-Dec-15, 11:17
Just had this email in - all genuine, but you never know, with all the scams around..

Dear Mr ,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that the fundraisers in the Strathy, Thurso area are legitimate Anthony Nolan fundraisers who are working to raise money to help us save more lives of people with blood cancer. We understand your caution and would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding this.

I hope that allays your concerns. If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us. You can contact us by phone on 0207 424 6626 or alternatively, you can email us at support@anthonynolan.org (support@anthonynolan.org)

Kind regards,

[B]Robbie Beveridge
Supporter Services Assistant