PDA

View Full Version : Britain at its Best?

scorrie
23-Apr-07, 11:50
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=449887&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=&ct=5

Good old Britain. Britannia Rules the Waves. The British Empire. Here we are in a society where those supposedly serving Queen and Country are allowed to profit from their "Horrific" ordeal and then, whilst on compassionate leave, can rip the piss out of the whole affair.

To think that we used to line our own boys up and shoot them for daring to be afraid of being bombed. How times change.

Happy St George's Day

Angela
23-Apr-07, 12:09
I saw this on the BBC website yesterday, scorrie. :(

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

What must the families of soldiers who have been killed in Iraq and elsewhere - and indeed those who are still serving there - feel? :confused

highlander
23-Apr-07, 12:39
I read that in the papers yesterday, its totally disgusting, and he should be court marshalled for bringing the navy into disrepute, maybe a spell in a army nick might make him think of the men and women who are out doing thier jobs.

j4bberw0ck
23-Apr-07, 14:04
Here's a bit of a contrast. How times and Naval standards change. (http://www.seacadets.co.uk/vc/cornwell.htm)

Jack Cornwell's Epitaph upon the Monument.

It is not wealth or ancestry,
but honourable conduct and a noble disposition,
that maketh men great.

How fitting, given the circumstances and behaviour of some of those captured by the Iraqis.

j4bberw0ck
23-Apr-07, 14:24
D'ohhh......... senility creeping in again. I'm obliged to Angela for pointing out that I meant the Iranians, of course, not the Iraqis :roll: . Stupid boy........

Thanks Angela!

Angela
23-Apr-07, 14:47
You're more than welcome, j'w0ck, I thought maybe it was me having yet another senior moment...:eek:

Thanks for posting that link. Times sure have changed, haven't they? :~(

percy toboggan
23-Apr-07, 17:22
Surely this idiot has little or no future in the Navy now. His reputation is shot to pieces - destroyered.
He looks little more than a boy anyway, and has behaved like one.
I think he has lost all credibility and his rating as a rating is now plumbing a new low. He has no depth, and should be put on a charge. Perhaps a colleague might deck him. It might sound Petty but he'll never make an officer, and I doubt he could go on to become a pain in the artificer.
Basicall he's poop. He needs a stern talking too from the focsle at home.

The lad should be cashiered, or given five hundred shipping lines.
'I should not make a crass monkey of myself'

That's as many maritime gags as I could manage in two minutes.
Mark my words this guy will soon be a landlubber.

scorrie
23-Apr-07, 19:11
Surely this idiot has little or no future in the Navy now. His reputation is shot to pieces - destroyered.
He looks little more than a boy anyway, and has behaved like one.
I think he has lost all credibility and his rating as a rating is now plumbing a new low. He has no depth, and should be put on a charge. Perhaps a colleague might deck him. It might sound Petty but he'll never make an officer, and I doubt he could go on to become a pain in the artificer.
Basicall he's poop. He needs a stern talking too from the focsle at home.

The lad should be cashiered, or given five hundred shipping lines.
'I should not make a crass monkey of myself'

That's as many maritime gags as I could manage in two minutes.
Mark my words this guy will soon be a landlubber.

Percy, you missed the nautical term that best sums up this disgraceful excuse for a Sailor.

"WEIGH ANCHOR"

North Rhins
23-Apr-07, 19:26
I served Queen and Country (before anyone asks it was Elizabeth not Victoria!) in my day you kept your mouth shut and got on with it. I look at this lad’s behaviour and wonder what the hell has happened to the forces. But then I look at the conduct of thousands of other lads and lasses and everything is put back into perspective.
The whole sorry affair has been a shambles from start to finish this lad has just put the top hat on it. I don’t think Civvy Street can be too far off for him; no doubt there will be a touch of post traumatic stress syndrome thrown in for good measure.

j4bberw0ck
23-Apr-07, 20:38
Of course! They did nick his his iPod after all, poor little lamb.