PDA

View Full Version : Alex Salmomd caught lying about painting

BetterTogether
26-Nov-15, 23:24
After a day fraught with more troubles for the SNP with Alex Salmond SNP MP foreign affairs being absent from Westminsters Syria debate this morning, allegedly on the important business of being at FMQs in Holyrood where's he was conspicuous by his absence. He then tried to cover his tracks by saying he was at an event for servicemen and unveiling his painting.

All well and good we may well say with the grand sum of £51500 being raised for a worthy cause. Alas all is not as it may first appear. Not only was the painting finished over a year ago and will only be displayed for a week,but now evidence has emerged that it's the self same painting that raises £51500 last year.

It seems that Alex Salmond is now getting caught in a web of his own deceit sadly using former charitable actions to cover his complete disregard for those who voted in him to represent them and the country.

BetterTogether
26-Nov-15, 23:26
Same picture same amount from last year.

Oddquine
27-Nov-15, 20:16
After a day fraught with more troubles for the SNP with Alex Salmond SNP MP foreign affairs being absent from Westminsters Syria debate this morning, allegedly on the important business of being at FMQs in Holyrood where's he was conspicuous by his absence. He then tried to cover his tracks by saying he was at an event for servicemen and unveiling his painting.

All well and good we may well say with the grand sum of £51500 being raised for a worthy cause. Alas all is not as it may first appear. Not only was the painting finished over a year ago and will only be displayed for a week,but now evidence has emerged that it's the self same painting that raises £51500 last year.

It seems that Alex Salmond is now getting caught in a web of his own deceit sadly using former charitable actions to cover his complete disregard for those who voted in him to represent them and the country.

Much as I hate responding to your interminable trolling bottom burps, BT, I can't let this blatant piece of noxious mischief-making go by without comment.

Some actual facts for you......regarding your assertion that....Alex Salmond was "conspicuous by his absence" at FMQs. You forgot to tell Murdo Fraser that was going to be your line, so he could get with your programme...because he tweeted that it was nice to see Alex Salmond at FMQs "for a change." :)

Regarding your assertion that he was "trying to cover his tracks by saying he was at an event for servicemen and unveiling his painting." What tracks was he covering? He did unveil his portrait....there are pictures to prove it and he was at an event for the War Memorials Trust (which is about servicemen, I thought) and about which the Trust itself tweeted "@AlexSalmond Thank you so much for hosting @WarMemorials at @ScotParl. We really appreciated it."

He had obviously, to even an intelligence as mean as yours, pre-arranged to be in Scotland on that day, because hosting an event at the Parliament is not a spur of the moment decision, and having arranged that, he fitted in other commitments around it....and a long time before the statement(not a debate) was dropped onto the House of Commons by Cameron.

And then we get to the title of your thread, BT and the tweet which prompted it.....do you really not recognise sarcasm (or is it irony, I find it hard to tell the difference)? Can you tell me which part of that tweet was a lie..bar the thanks to the opposition. The portrait did raise £51,500 for CLIC Sargent, which is a good cause....and the meal made by the opposition, like yourself, of Alex Salmond not being where he didn't need to be in, order to be somewhere he had already arranged to be has most definitely upped the profile of his portrait..given that I, for one had long ago forgotten about it.

I suspect, if he had cancelled the painting unveiling and the reception for the Trust at the less than four days notice which would have been required to sit in at the statement, that would have prompted a post from you on the lines of "Alex Salmond ignoring obligations he had already made in Scotland to sit in Westminster listening to David Cameron making a statement which was not going to lead to a vote. and he shows his complete disregard for those who voted in him (don't you mean him in?) to represent them and the country"

Regarding the "displayed for a week" assertion, I can't find anywhere that says that, but I'm sure you will provide me with a link to your favoured opinion-forming media to see it for myself. I have to say I am surprised it is going to be on show for as long as a week, given the Portrait Gallery hasn't enough room on its walls at the best of times for all the 96,000 items in its collections...and there doesn't seem to be anything currently being highlighted into which a modern portrait of a modern Scottish politician would fit, even for a week.

rob murray
27-Nov-15, 22:07
Much as I hate responding to your interminable trolling bottom burps, BT, I can't let this blatant piece of noxious mischief-making go by without comment.

Some actual facts for you......regarding your assertion that....Alex Salmond was "conspicuous by his absence" at FMQs. You forgot to tell Murdo Fraser that was going to be your line, so he could get with your programme...because he tweeted that it was nice to see Alex Salmond at FMQs "for a change." :)

Regarding your assertion that he was "trying to cover his tracks by saying he was at an event for servicemen and unveiling his painting." What tracks was he covering? He did unveil his portrait....there are pictures to prove it and he was at an event for the War Memorials Trust (which is about servicemen, I thought) and about which the Trust itself tweeted "@AlexSalmond Thank you so much for hosting @WarMemorials at @ScotParl. We really appreciated it."

He had obviously, to even an intelligence as mean as yours, pre-arranged to be in Scotland on that day, because hosting an event at the Parliament is not a spur of the moment decision, and having arranged that, he fitted in other commitments around it....and a long time before the statement(not a debate) was dropped onto the House of Commons by Cameron.

And then we get to the title of your thread, BT and the tweet which prompted it.....do you really not recognise sarcasm (or is it irony, I find it hard to tell the difference)? Can you tell me which part of that tweet was a lie..bar the thanks to the opposition. The portrait did raise £51,500 for CLIC Sargent, which is a good cause....and the meal made by the opposition, like yourself, of Alex Salmond not being where he didn't need to be in, order to be somewhere he had already arranged to be has most definitely upped the profile of his portrait..given that I, for one had long ago forgotten about it.

I suspect, if he had cancelled the painting unveiling and the reception for the Trust at the less than four days notice which would have been required to sit in at the statement, that would have prompted a post from you on the lines of "Alex Salmond ignoring obligations he had already made in Scotland to sit in Westminster listening to David Cameron making a statement which was not going to lead to a vote. and he shows his complete disregard for those who voted in him (don't you mean him in?) to represent them and the country"

Regarding the "displayed for a week" assertion, I can't find anywhere that says that, but I'm sure you will provide me with a link to your favoured opinion-forming media to see it for myself. I have to say I am surprised it is going to be on show for as long as a week, given the Portrait Gallery hasn't enough room on its walls at the best of times for all the 96,000 items in its collections...and there doesn't seem to be anything currently being highlighted into which a modern portrait of a modern Scottish politician would fit, even for a week.

uh................................................ ............

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 00:04
As an obviously Uhum intelligent person I'm sure you'll be able to see the second post same picture same amount one year ago. Job done I shall await more comment on why the SNPs Foreign affairs spokesperson was unable to make a 50 min flight to attend both.

Oddquine
29-Nov-15, 16:17
As an obviously Uhum intelligent person I'm sure you'll be able to see the second post same picture same amount one year ago. Job done I shall await more comment on why the SNPs Foreign affairs spokesperson was unable to make a 50 min flight to attend both.

:roll: And pray tell when the amount changed, or was given to a different charity, or was claimed as a brand new sale of the said picture, to make the original tweet a lie? In fact, your second tweet illustrates the very reason Alex Salmond made his one to thank the opposition for making a meal of it and raising the profile of the painting.

I suspect, that if he had made two extra 50 minute air flights to and from London to attend a statement to maybe be chosen to ask a single question, and still attend all his prearranged commitments in Scotland, that would have been something else to be whined about by people like you.........because of the waste of taxpayer's money to be somewhere he didn't need to be, being neither the leader of the party in Westminster, and only one of 50 odd MPs, not all of whom got picked to ask a question anyway.

(I know BT is now banned, but no point in letting him/her have the last word on this subject.)

rob murray
29-Nov-15, 17:14
:roll: And pray tell when the amount changed, or was given to a different charity, or was claimed as a brand new sale of the said picture, to make the original tweet a lie? In fact, your second tweet illustrates the very reason Alex Salmond made his one to thank the opposition for making a meal of it and raising the profile of the painting.

I suspect, that if he had made two extra 50 minute air flights to and from London to attend a statement to maybe be chosen to ask a single question, and still attend all his prearranged commitments in Scotland, that would have been something else to be whined about by people like you.........because of the waste of taxpayer's money to be somewhere he didn't need to be, being neither the leader of the party in Westminster, and only one of 50 odd MPs, not all of whom got picked to ask a question anyway.

(I know BT is now banned, but no point in letting him/her have the last word on this subject.)

I take it you liked the painting ?

Fulmar
29-Nov-15, 18:39
Is BT truly banned now then? What is a 'sock puppet'?