PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy corbyn.

roshep
21-Nov-15, 16:44
Not hearing much on Jeremy Corbyn, so tell me what are your thoughts on the man and his ideas regarding the current situation with IS and the future action against them?

bekisman
01-Dec-15, 07:50
Not hearing much on Jeremy Corbyn, so tell me what are your thoughts on the man and his ideas regarding the current situation with IS and the future action against them?

Just noticed your posting roshep no one has posted in reply, suppose the debacle and the totally chaotic and confused way he's trying to run the Labour Party is at odds with his own 500 times he's rebelled - can honestly see him being ousted and Hilary Ben becoming leader as Corbyn can't seem to understand he's now 'leader' and not a back-bencher.. Be interesting on Wednesday.

rob murray
01-Dec-15, 16:00
Just noticed your posting roshep no one has posted in reply, suppose the debacle and the totally chaotic and confused way he's trying to run the Labour Party is at odds with his own 500 times he's rebelled - can honestly see him being ousted and Hilary Ben becoming leader as Corbyn can't seem to understand he's now 'leader' and not a back-bencher.. Be interesting on Wednesday.

Would gree with your comments, one thing that is emerging though is the large grass roots swing and resulting complaints of constituencies being "over run / taken over" by hard liners, Corbyn has lit the fuse of a fire that he wont be able to control, genies out the bottle now

Fulmar
01-Dec-15, 16:36
I think that he is right to not want to extend the bombing campaign to Syria. Many more innocent civilians will lose their lives as a result of this, if it goes ahead. I think that there should be an international force of ground troops deployed on the ground to drive them out and this should be made up of soldiers from all those countries who were signatories the other day to the UN mandate and maybe Western ones should not be so much to the for. It should not always be down to Western countries and we have failed dismally in the Middle East so far and everyone seems to agree that air strikes alone cannot put an end to IS and in fact, is playing into their hands. But my problem is, I have not really heard and answer to what Jeremy Corbyn himself would do to counter IS and the best arguments that I have heard have come from others.

dc1
01-Dec-15, 17:33
Jeremy corbyn is not a good leader for the labour party

bekisman
01-Dec-15, 20:17
Jeremy corbyn is not a good leader for the labour party

Hilary Benn for me - Corbyn will destroy the Party if left

roshep
02-Dec-15, 17:58
Disappointed in the response to my Post in respect of Jeremy Corbyn , or is there nothing more to say about him?!!

bekisman
02-Dec-15, 18:32
Disappointed in the response to my Post in respect of Jeremy Corbyn , or is there nothing more to say about him?!!

I tried, I really tried, but no can't think of anything..

davth
02-Dec-15, 18:36
why don't you start things off by posting your thoughts on the terrorist sympathiser

bekisman
02-Dec-15, 20:59

Nope, been thinking, still no ideas I'm afraid..

bekisman
02-Dec-15, 23:07
Forget about Corbyn, just listened to Hillary Benn and THAT speech was the most impressive I've ever heard in the house.. And I'm a blinking Tory!!!!

rob murray
03-Dec-15, 12:48
The only thing that will come out of last night is the future fragmentation and purging of the Labour party under Corbyn, Ken Livingston spells out the immediate future....... : "Former London mayor Ken Livingstone, who is co-chairing Labour's defence review, has meanwhile suggested there might be "a few" de-selections of sitting Labour MPs.
He told LBC radio: "If I had an MP who had voted to bomb Syria then I would be prepared to support someone challenge him as long as they were good on a load of other issues." Mr Livingstone said the 2020 intake of Labour MPs would be "massively" pro Corbyn. Politically, unless Corbinites massively increase their presence within tory target seats, then Labour will be a party consisting of the hard left and wholly unelectable. 1981/82 again, this time labour defectors cant form a new party been there tried it forced to amalgame so they have 2 places to go Tories or LD's or leave politics, LD's are a busted flush but an influx of labour MP's crossing the floor could well lead to their re birth. But under Corbyn or rather the re birth of local radicals taking over / influencing local consitituencies, Labour, IM sad to say, are dead as a political force.

bekisman
03-Dec-15, 13:04
The only thing that will come out of last night is the future fragmentation and purging of the Labour party under Corbyn, Ken Livingston spells out the immediate future....... : "Former London mayor Ken Livingstone, who is co-chairing Labour's defence review, has meanwhile suggested there might be "a few" de-selections of sitting Labour MPs.
He told LBC radio: "If I had an MP who had voted to bomb Syria then I would be prepared to support someone challenge him as long as they were good on a load of other issues." Mr Livingstone said the 2020 intake of Labour MPs would be "massively" pro Corbyn. Politically, unless Corbinites massively increase their presence within tory target seats, then Labour will be a party consisting of the hard left and wholly unelectable. 1981/82 again, this time labour defectors cant form a new party been there tried it forced to amalgame so they have 2 places to go Tories or LD's or leave politics, LD's are a busted flush but an influx of labour MP's crossing the floor could well lead to their re birth. But under Corbyn or rather the re birth of local radicals taking over / influencing local consitituencies, Labour, IM sad to say, are dead as a political force.

"a few" de-selections of sitting Labour MPs" that's what I meant by Bullying rob murray...

rob murray
03-Dec-15, 13:05
"a few" de-selections of sitting Labour MPs" that's what I meant by Bullying rob murray...

Nah Id call it purging