PDA

View Full Version : Charity Prize Bingo

BertoBear
22-Apr-07, 19:26
My wife and her friend are taking part in the Baxter's Loch Ness 26 mile challenge (it will be for them!!) in October, they are raising money for the Marie Curie Cancer charity.

They would also like to organise a prize bingo event to raise extra money for this worthwhile charity. Where in Wick would you hold this? Would you write to local business's asking for donations for prizes or would this be to cheeky?

Another question, are you able to hire the bingo equipment from anywhere in Caithness.

Any suggestions and tips on how to organise such an event would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fran
23-Apr-07, 02:07
Well done to you for raising money for cancer. I am hoping to start a cancer support group in wick soon.
As for bingo, you can ask shops etc to donate prizes and then spend about £200+ on prizes.
Francis street club do these charity bingos on a tuesday or friday night starting at 8. They will provide and sell the tickets for you, and the bingo caller too. You go in earlier and put your prizes on the stage in order. You make a list , you will be given an example, of your prizes for which games and the caller has one. you need little prizes incase more than one person shouts house.
A bottle stall is very good and will bring in a lot of money, as does the raffle.
People support cancer bingos very well and i would expect you could raise well over £1,000.
You would need someone on your bottle stall and 2 selling raffle tickets, and then you would pass out the prizes as they are won.
Good luck. Have sent you a pm

Fran
01-Sep-07, 02:59
I have another list for you to give you ideas but have lost your address. Please send me a pm.