PDA

View Full Version : Cam Force One

Mr Z
19-Nov-15, 23:54
It appears our Prime minister needs a private plane now to get around
It's a snip at £10000000 for a converted tanker. Probably the final price will be a lot higher but it's only taxpayer money and we are such a wealthy country

BetterTogether
20-Nov-15, 09:46
So taking a plane that's due to be decommissioned by the RAF i.e effectively already purchased by the country. Then allowing MPs and the Royal family to use it when travelling thus saving £775000 in fares to private companies leasing jets is a bad thing. Remind me who pays for that helicopter Nicola Sturgeon likes to whizz about in.

weeker2014
20-Nov-15, 10:10
It appears our Prime minister needs a private plane now to get around
It's a snip at £10000000 for a converted tanker. Probably the final price will be a lot higher but it's only taxpayer money and we are such a wealthy country

Complete and foolish waste of money. Apparantly it can still be used as a tanker when unused for PM. I will believe that when I see it. I am sure they could have decommissioned a much smaller plane or bought a small jet much cheaper.

davth
20-Nov-15, 21:41
Will have paid for itself in less than 15yrs
Makes good business sense

weeker2014
21-Nov-15, 09:20

Lol Love It :D

bekisman
21-Nov-15, 15:31
Absolutely, pleased you too can make sense of it

davth
21-Nov-15, 18:20
It's a no brainer
Akin to renting a house for 40 yrs when you could have bought and had it paid off in 25 years

pat
21-Nov-15, 19:16
Could be worth its weight in gold if it had an accident in first year! Or the insurance claims would bankrupt the country

davth
21-Nov-15, 19:35
Could be worth its weight in gold if it had an accident in first year! Or the insurance claims would bankrupt the country

What a terrifically nasty thing to post.
Absolutely unbelievable

BetterTogether
21-Nov-15, 20:35
What a terrifically nasty thing to post.
Absolutely unbelievable

seems to be the way with some people nowadays, civilised discussion and debate gets turned into hate filled diatribes against people they've never met, and just disagree with.

cptdodger
21-Nov-15, 21:07

Oh dear me no, just because you do not agree with the man's politics, it's not just him you are wishing dead there. It's the pilots and all the cabin crew and whoever else would be so unfortunate to be on that plane with him.

davth
21-Nov-15, 21:48
Not to forget ordinary civilians the wreckage may land on.
Perhaps pat may wish to reconsider his/her outrageous post?