PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted with my new purchase.

squidge
18-Nov-15, 11:48
A new laptop or an Ipad with a keyboard?

Cant afford a Macbook but love love love my ipad mini. Do I put my hard earned savings into a new laptop or do I buy an iPad2 air and keyboard. Im doing some studying and some writing - so essays, a blog or two, maybe the odd excel spreadsheet. I like to work in coffee shops and on my knee and I like to travel lightish.

I dont listen to music in my ears and I rarely watch films or stuff on my laptop.

Who amongst you uses what and what do you find works and doesnt work? all advice would be helpful....

weeker2014
18-Nov-15, 11:54
A new laptop or an Ipad with a keyboard?

Cant afford a Macbook but love love love my ipad mini. Do I put my hard earned savings into a new laptop or do I buy an iPad2 air and keyboard. Im doing some studying and some writing - so essays, a blog or two, maybe the odd excel spreadsheet. I like to work in coffee shops and on my knee and I like to travel lightish.

I dont listen to music in my ears and I rarely watch films or stuff on my laptop.

Who amongst you uses what and what do you find works and doesnt work? all advice would be helpful....

I have an ultrabook laptop that also turns into a tablet. Have to admit I rarely use the tablet part as use my phone for browsing etc. I used to have a macbook air as well, loved the size of that for work. Not sure how much they are these days though.

Some great tech deals coming up on Amazon for black Friday, may be worth a look to save a few £££'s.

Hope that helps
. :D

porshiepoo
18-Nov-15, 13:40
I have both a laptop and an Ipad and tbh if I didn't listen to music or watch films then I would probably choose the Ipad. Having said that my Ipad air is easily able to stream music and films and I do play games on it. I usually revert to the laptop simply because it's what I'm used to.
If you want something that can go everywhere with you and not be cumbersome, go with the Ipad :)

Alrock
18-Nov-15, 16:17
ipad if your happy with a huge chunk of the purchase price being for a picture of a half eaten apple on the back of it.

Alice in Blunderland
19-Nov-15, 23:26
Spoke to my son who is well up on these things and he said laptop 100 % He has smartphone ipad laptop desktop and hudl he uses them all for different reasons.

I was recently involved in a project for our local school, we had requested ipads, we ended up purchasing chrome books with a few ipads as they were recommended to be a more all round purchase than ipads and a few other technical reasons which are way above my knowledge. Nothing to do with cost as we had the money.

Tia Anderson
20-Nov-15, 13:12
From what you plan to do with the device, I'd say laptop.

squidge
20-Nov-15, 20:11
Thanks all xxx

Phill
22-Nov-15, 23:01
Surface Pro
Does everything you need, and more.
Without Apple's inflated price tag and additional software to emulate windows to do excel etc. etc.
And small enough to lug about.

Tam 2000
23-Nov-15, 18:00
Just had my Apple Air2 Ipad for approx 10 months, bought it new from Argos now its packed in, spent hours talking to Apple on the phone so now I have to send it packaged to The States! Boo Hoo. Will be lost with out it. They will either replace or repair it.

Alistair
07-Dec-15, 19:46
Hey Squidge - where are ye - are ye in Caithness tomorrow - and are we still doing a coffee? Email patandali1@gmail

bekisman
07-Dec-15, 20:29
Yep, Laptop for me...

squidge
09-Dec-15, 01:03
Hey Squidge - where are ye - are ye in Caithness tomorrow - and are we still doing a coffee? Email patandali1@gmail

I was and we did and very nice it was too :) :)

everyone else ... I'm still havering!