PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't everyone have a favourite Lizzy track?

Schoolhouse Blues
22-Apr-07, 00:01
In the rain this weekend, the baking hot sunshine of last Saturday seems a very distant memory. I enjoyed some time in the garden last Saturday when I also had peace to open the living room window and play some Thin Lizzy at a disgraceful volume. As I drift back to the old days of tight jeans and denim jackets (with an array of 'patches' on the back), I wondered if anyone out there shares a love of Philo's bass lines and song lines.

So doesn't everyone have a favourite Lizzy track? For me, it's a rich list to choose from, but I can't get past 'Dancin in the Moonlight'.:D

Solus
22-Apr-07, 00:06
Out in the Fields :)

Metalattakk
22-Apr-07, 00:33
"Out In The Fields" was a Gary Moore track, with Phil guesting on vocals and bass. Not a Thin Lizzy track. ;)

"Emerald" for me is the quintessential Thin Lizzy. Scott Gorham was the coolest guitarist alive, and with wee Robbo as well they made some team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENy7MQIYJs

Jeemag_USA
22-Apr-07, 01:54
Boys are back in Town!

zappster
22-Apr-07, 10:16
cold sweat

sam
22-Apr-07, 11:23
Do anything you want to :)

moncur
22-Apr-07, 12:23
Cowboy Song, could listen to it again & again!

DOC ROCK
22-Apr-07, 12:26
The Rocker is the one for me.

"I am your main man if you're looking for trouble
I'll take no lip 'cause no ones tougher than me
If I kicked your face you'd soon be seeing double
Hey little girl, keep your hands off me 'cause I'm a rocker"

great lyrics. It Rocks.

guitarzan
22-Apr-07, 15:20
changes for me the whole time but has to be bad reputation just now

appleskin
22-Apr-07, 19:26
nothing wrong with whisky in the jar its got abrilliant guitar solo

Rocco
23-Apr-07, 11:42
Cowboy Song for me although Southbound comes a close second!

futurelegends
23-Apr-07, 12:29
The Rocker is the one for me.

"I am your main man if you're looking for trouble
I'll take no lip 'cause no ones tougher than me
If I kicked your face you'd soon be seeing double
Hey little girl, keep your hands off me 'cause I'm a rocker"

great lyrics. It Rocks.

You Got it Doc The Rocker's also the one for me.

Bobinovich
23-Apr-07, 13:47
Boys are back in Town!

I'm with you on this one Jeemag - great upbeat toon. Features in one of my fav films 'Knight's Tale' too!

stratman
25-Apr-07, 12:59
Thanks to Schoolhouse Blues for posting this thread. It has inspired me to finally replace my LP vagabond with a CD. Great to hear it again. Yeah Doc Rock The Rocker but I love little girl in bloom. It was one of the first toons I learned to play at 13 and still moves me.

Schoolhouse Blues
27-Apr-07, 00:10
Cheers everyone - I've nodded at every suggestion. Little Girl in Bloom is a special piece and Cold Sweat was my first Lizzy song, was the first single I bought, rapidly followed by 'Thunder and Lightening' when I saved enough to buy the LP.

I had cause to visit Glasgow lots in my late teens and spent a fair bit of time trawling 2nd hand record stalls at the Barras so gathered a respectable vinyl collection of Thin Lizzy stuff.

One unusual and poetic suggestion I have is 'The Friendly Ranger at Clontarf Castle' from the first 'Thin Lizzy' LP.

Geo
25-May-07, 13:39
Also nodding my head at every suggestion so can't pick an out and out favourite.

Will add Bad Reputation and Chinatown to the list.

Oh and Dear Miss Lonely Hearts.

cmack
25-May-07, 18:32
not heard too much, but would gave to be the cowboy song!

buddyrich
26-May-07, 05:20
Anything from the sydney opera house gig warrants an inclusion. Indeed, this is the latter gary moore line up, but it includes everything u want to hear, including an absolutely breathtaking solo from scarface moore-robbo who, mr gunslinger? Anyway, any lizzy after bell left -Emerald, Jailbreak, Cowboy Song, Southbound and Waiting For An Alibi are genuine classics.

Cazart!

Metalattakk
26-May-07, 15:13
...including an absolutely breathtaking solo from scarface moore-robbo who, mr gunslinger?

Gary Moore and Scott Gorham. Not Robbo. ;)