56g/2oz caster sugar 113g/4oz sugar
226g/8oz self-raising flour 2 tablespoons syrup
1 small tin condensed milk

TOP.
113g/4oz chocolate

TIME: 20-25 minutes. Oven temperature: regulo 4 or 350 F
Size : 7 inch by 11 inch tin

Line the tin with greased proof paper
Cream margarine, caster sugar, and add self-raising flour. (it comes out crumbly, put it in tin and press down to spread it about the tin) bake as for shortbread. Mix margarine, sugar, sypup and condensed milk in a pan. Boil for five minutes STIRRING ALL THE TIME. Beat and pour over crunched shortcake, when it is totally cooled coat with the melted chocolate (melted over hot water). Cut into fingers.................ENJOY!!!

henry20
23-Apr-07, 01:24
Thanks for that Highlander, I'm going to give this a go some day soon ......... once the 36 buns I made this weekend are gone...... and the pancakes I'm making tomorrow night :D Think I'll become a baker at this rate :eek:

kwbrown111
23-Apr-07, 09:19
Many thanks highlander for the recipes.

stratman
24-Apr-07, 12:10
BASE. FILLING.
113g/4oz margarine 113g/4oz margarine
56g/2oz caster sugar 113g/4oz sugar
226g/8oz self-raising flour 2 tablespoons syrup
1 small tin condensed milk

TOP.
113g/4oz chocolate

TIME: 20-25 minutes. Oven temperature: regulo 4 or 350 F
Size : 7 inch by 11 inch tin

Line the tin with greased proof paper
Cream margarine, caster sugar, and add self-raising flour. (it comes out crumbly, put it in tin and press down to spread it about the tin) bake as for shortbread. Mix margarine, sugar, sypup and condensed milk in a pan. Boil for five minutes STIRRING ALL THE TIME. Beat and pour over crunched shortcake, when it is totally cooled coat with the melted chocolate (melted over hot water). Cut into fingers.................ENJOY!!!

Wonder if I can sue you if I get fat(ter).:lol:

henry20
10-May-07, 08:29
Boil for five minutes STIRRING ALL THE TIME.

Now I realise why this is in caps. It does not mean: stir, send a text, stir, send a text. It quickly sticks to bottom of pan that way :roll: Luckily I had a spare can of condensed milk and tried again - worked a treat. Thanks Highlander :D

Angela
10-May-07, 09:16
henry20, what happened to your diet :eek:

not that I'm a believer in diets, I must admit....

henry20
10-May-07, 10:03
Well, I must admit that I'd not been sampling too much of my baking - just using everyone else as guinea pigs!! Although last night, I was a total pig and tucked into all the ingredients at all the stages. :lol: (I also made a chocolate cake too - there's no stopping me now!!)

I'm never going to fit in my swimsuit at this rate though [disgust]

ks
12-May-07, 22:06
Thanks for the recipe Highlander, never made it before and it turned out lovely!

MadPianoPlayer
24-May-07, 19:17
Thanks For That! I Love The Stuff Lol!:lol: