PDA

View Full Version : Bus Services

garycs
17-May-05, 15:21
Just wondering how everyone would rate the bus services up there. There appears to be an hourly service between Thurso/Wick/John O'Groats and a slightly less frequent service to other areas. Do you find them to be reliable?

Were we live at present we have two buses into Penrith per day but only one back. And we live on the A6 so no excuse for it being a back road :(

Alananders68
17-May-05, 15:31
The bus services up here are excellent. Not as good since Dunnetts sold up but still probably better than other parts of the country. I have family and friends who are south and there bus services are nowhere near as good as up here in Caithness where we have regular reliable buses and friendly drivers.

champagnebaby
17-May-05, 17:08
I think the routes are fine but as for the state of the buses - don't even get me started.

They're attrocious, even more so in winter.

Check out this previous thread for peoples opinions http://www.caithness.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6461&highlight=

Alananders68
17-May-05, 18:01
I think the routes are fine but as for the state of the buses - don't even get me started.
Agree with you on that one, the condition of the buses, well I think some of the buses are older than there drivers :lol: , but for all the time you're sat on them you don't need luxury. I suppose if they did get posh new buses they would only get vandalised on the school runs and have you seen how much a new bus costs :eek:

champagnebaby
17-May-05, 18:29
but for all the time you're sat on them you don't need luxury.

That's fair enough if you only use them now and again but i used to work at BT and took the bus near enough everyday for 2 years - done my head in sitting on them old rattly buses

johndy
17-May-05, 21:00
the bus service that is provided in Caithness is very good, most routes are covered several times in a day, buses are a wee bit old but they usually always get you to your destination, and the drivers are quite a friendly, helpful bunch :D

champagnebaby
17-May-05, 21:02
At's cos you're one o e more friendly ones johndy :o) - some o them are right grumps :p

garycs
18-May-05, 09:38
Thanks for the feedback :D It would be my wife using the bus and only a couple of times a week. Definitely sounds like the service is better than we have here, buses themselves are probably about the same :eek: