PDA

View Full Version : Today on Sky News

Cinders392
20-Apr-07, 23:00
This week has been awful for news. Today being the worst I would say after watching sky news. Apart from the virginia tech massacre, there was the British soldier death which is becoming a regular but what shocked me was the story of the 3 sisters and their mother who forced their bairns to fight each other. I honestly thought I was hearing things. The 3 year old girl and a 2 year old boy. What makes it worse is they filmed it! Then the next story was off a man who forced dogs to fight each other and filmed it! This film they showed on the news and it would turn the stomach of anyone. The new puppy dogs were terrified and yelping and there was blood on the walls.
THere was also the one of the foster mother yesterday, but what she did I darnt think about again. Like she read the book 'A child called it' and then tried some of it for herself.
I dont know, what is the human race coming to. Im just going to have to stop watching the news. Breaks ones heart as well as putting the fear of god on a person!:(

j4bberw0ck
20-Apr-07, 23:16
Try to relax a little. Chances are that the media are catching stories better than they used to; I doubt the human race is coming so unglued, compared with things that happened years ago, that there's no hope - and I'm a cynic.

After all, they don't send kids up chimneys, these days.

mums angels
20-Apr-07, 23:32
and again tonight a gunman in NASA is reported to have killed himself and one hostage ........everything always seems to come at once

wavy davy
20-Apr-07, 23:55
What about the 200 deaths in a day in Iraq. The horror of living in a country where you can't even nip out to the shops for fear of being blown apart. Didn't that push any buttons?

Solus
21-Apr-07, 00:10
Makes you wonder dont it ? what we have become, we have evolved in to intelligent human beings ( in most cases ) but we still act like cave men

Julia
21-Apr-07, 00:31
the story of the 3 sisters and their mother who forced their bairns to fight each other. I honestly thought I was hearing things. The 3 year old girl and a 2 year old boy. What makes it worse is they filmed it!

The news this week like most weeks has been awful but this particular story just makes me sick to my stomach, these women should lose custody of their children! If I had been the Judge they would of gone to prison, even for a short while, it makes you wonder what else goes on that never comes to light!

JAWS
21-Apr-07, 01:32
Who cares, it was only a couple of toddlers. Now if it had been dogs or cocks they were filming fighting then that would have been really, really serious! [disgust]

Kenn
21-Apr-07, 01:44
Like you that have posted, I have been shaken by the news this week, man's inhumanity to man seems to know no bounds.
On the reverse think of those people who have given you a smile, shared the time of day with you, helped when there is a crisis, they are the majority in this world and together we CAN make a difference.
What ever happens is nothing new the only difference is that with today's communication systems we hear about these things in a matter of minutes whereas years ago it would have taken days / weeks for the information to filter though if it ever did.
Take comfort too from the fact that with modern technology we can contact like minded people all around the world and take heart that there are people who have the same values and are prepared to share them no matter what horrors they face.

JAWS
21-Apr-07, 05:04
Oh dear, I really will have to take more care with my sarcastic, throw away comments. I have just come across an article about a Court Case also from yesterday.

After a long enquiry by the RSPCA a 22 year old was convicted of having 11 pitbull terriers all of which had injuries apparently as a result of Dog Fighting. He was sentenced to four months imprisonment.

Personally I would have put him away for a lot longer, but even that sentence is better than the pathetic leniency displayed towards those women who encouraged their own toddlers to knock the living daylights out of each other.

Cinders392
21-Apr-07, 08:53
Oh dear, I really will have to take more care with my sarcastic, throw away comments. I have just come across an article about a Court Case also from yesterday.

After a long enquiry by the RSPCA a 22 year old was convicted of having 11 pitbull terriers all of which had injuries apparently as a result of Dog Fighting. He was sentenced to four months imprisonment.

Personally I would have put him away for a lot longer, but even that sentence is better than the pathetic leniency displayed towards those women who encouraged their own toddlers to knock the living daylights out of each other.

On sky news the guy was 28 years old. All of the dogs were put down as they were too difficult to handle.

Cinders392
21-Apr-07, 08:56
Try to relax a little. Chances are that the media are catching stories better than they used to; I doubt the human race is coming so unglued, compared with things that happened years ago, that there's no hope - and I'm a cynic.

After all, they don't send kids up chimneys, these days.

But they do force them to drink fairy liquid and force sticks down their throats. The human race is on the brink of going too far.

Solus
21-Apr-07, 11:48
I know what sentence i would have passed on the guy with the pitbulls,

Chucked in a pit with a few hungry pitbulls !!

:mad:

Angela
21-Apr-07, 12:46
Like you that have posted, I have been shaken by the news this week, man's inhumanity to man seems to know no bounds.
On the reverse think of those people who have given you a smile, shared the time of day with you, helped when there is a crisis, they are the majority in this world and together we CAN make a difference.
What ever happens is nothing new the only difference is that with today's communication systems we hear about these things in a matter of minutes whereas years ago it would have taken days / weeks for the information to filter though if it ever did.
Take comfort too from the fact that with modern technology we can contact like minded people all around the world and take heart that there are people who have the same values and are prepared to share them no matter what horrors they face.

I totally agree with you Lizz. 'Twas ever thus!

Man's inhumanity to man has always been boundless. Nowadays we know almost instantly of atrocities happening thousands of miles away.

We don't hear much about all the good lives ordinary people are living, and good-news stories don't seem to be considered "real" news.

I don't believe we should be ostriches but it does little good to dwell on the bad. I always feel an ironic smile coming over my face when, after another evening's "news", the presenter tells me to "have a good evening!" :confused

Rheghead
21-Apr-07, 14:10
Is it true that the two women who forced their kids to fight actually got off with a suspended sentence?

JimH
22-Apr-07, 14:55
Yes it is true, but they have lost the custody of the Children for ever, and the are banned from working with children for life. Unfortunately, there is nothing to stop them having more children, and doing the same.
I wonder just what has happened to our moral standards these days.
The only saving grace as I can see - it is only a very small minority that are just plain WICKED.
The vast majority of us are, thankfully, still trying to live to some sort of moral standard.