PDA

View Full Version : Rant time

jekyll n hyde
20-Apr-07, 20:27
I know there has been a few of these threads before...but im starting another.....about my sons school headteacher.....i dont have any issues of the way the school is run not at all....nor do i have any issues in the way this person does their job in a professional way......my rant is about the way this person has spoken rudely to and about children....i could go into depth of incidents but i would need a couple of pages...lol
Things is i understand the points being made but the way it is put across is very rude and i thought that teachers are suppose to set some kind of example......not only that it is distressing to the children to be spoke to this way.....and in my sons case he was upset that this had happened and couldnt understand why he been spoken to like this:mad:

DeHaviLand
20-Apr-07, 21:59
Best thing is to take it up with the head teacher. Tell them, in a calm manner, what the issues are and give them the opportunity to rectify it. If this doesnt work, then you need to consider a formal complaint.

jekyll n hyde
20-Apr-07, 22:24
i wouldve approached the headteacher with no hesitation if i hadnt already had dealings with them...which ended up in a slanging match to say the least and the matter in question was never resolved....so in my opinion from experiance i found it no use to take that road....however if this situation does repeatedly occur i shall be taking it further and if i can get it with some back up...as far as i can gather this is not an isolated incident:mad:

rockchick
21-Apr-07, 06:49
i dont have any issues of the way the school is run not at all....nor do i have any issues in the way this person does their job in a professional way......my rant is about the way this person has spoken rudely to and about children.... <snip> Things is i understand the points being made but the way it is put across is very rude <snip>.....and in my sons case he was upset that this had happened and couldnt understand why he been spoken to like this:mad:

So, if I understand you correctly, the headteacher is a competent individual with how they do their job, but you have issues with the mannerisms that they use to communicate?

If you get on with your son's teacher you could try speaking to them about the incident(s); as they work with the headteacher they may be able to provide you with some insight as how to deal with the head. They could also provide another point of view of the incident with your child, as some kids act completely different at school than they do at home, so some parents haven't a clue what their kids are like at school!

You could also speak to members of the PTA; they might also be able to provide some insight.

danc1ngwitch
22-Apr-07, 19:50
Thing is this is probably a very valid Rant, i Don't deny it, But others have no idea what has happened and there for no one can really give advise.
Having a slagging match with anyone is not really a good idea, gather evidence, get back up ( hard to do when they maybe all outta the same hole ) <<< joke for those who might take offence.:roll:
Adult approach, see right and wrong on both sides.
( i think i know what this is about but others don't )

HomeFixit
22-Apr-07, 20:27
i thought that teachers are suppose to set some kind of example......:mad:

Like Dancing witch says its impossible to comment when you don't give details, but I'd just like to point out that teachers are only human too. They have good days and bad days and make mistakes and say things they might regret, just like everybody else. I admire anyone for taking on a teaching job these days - its a difficult job in difficult circumstances and all I can say is I'm glad I'm not a teacher!

I'm not surprised you are frustrated Jekyll... teachers are so overworked its difficult to find a good time to communicate with them in a calm manner. I don't know what the solution is, but good luck!

BRIE
23-Apr-07, 10:37
I knew someone who was in a similar situation a while ago & who also found it impossible to speak to the teacher in person they were advised by another teacher in the school to go to the education department & speak to them