PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

celtchicky
20-Apr-07, 18:11
hi, decided that im jinxed when it comes to buyin on ebay
first time i bid and won a smart mobile fone. paid thru paypal and i never received it. the seller had good feedbacks and didnt think twice about bidding. he then closed his account. luckily i managed to receive most of my money back thru paypal.
now ive plucked up the courage to bid again, and its happening again. this person had 99.8% good feedback. been waiting days to here from them. maybe theres a reasonable explanation but maybe not.
the trust has gone and now im closing my account with them

Julia
20-Apr-07, 18:14
Have you tried emailing the seller, I think once seven days have passed you can start the process of getting a refund.

quirbal
20-Apr-07, 18:18
Thats why I never buy anything off Ebay.

sam
20-Apr-07, 18:26
i once bought stuff and it took 2 months to arrive:eek: but all in all i havent had many problems and i use it a lot

stratman
20-Apr-07, 18:31
I've dealt of ebay a lot with only one problem and that was an idiot form Wick from whom I won a set of speakers. I emailed to see if I should pay via paypal or cash on collection. I recieved the answer. "decided not to sell". That was the whole message!! He may not have been very literate but at least he had the good grace to become unregistered. Every one else with whom I have dealt has been fine. Keep on ebaying

Buttercup
20-Apr-07, 18:32
I think you must just be unlucky celtchicky. I've been part of well over 2,000 auctions as both buyer & seller on eBay and every one of them has been fine. Some sellers take ages to send items so I would contact them through "my eBay" (that way you have proof of all things that are said)to find out if it's been posted. If you get no response go to the "help" section of eBay and follow the reporting procedures. There's probably a reasonable explaination for the problem so give them the benefit of the doubt before giving bad feedback as it can't be retracted later.
Did have a problem with one seller on Yahoo Auctions 6 years ago and lost £18 but had to put it down to experience - the person had good feedback and I'd dealt with her before without a problem, so there was no way to tell it was going to happen.
Hope you get a happy ending soon.

orkneylass
20-Apr-07, 18:59
I am also a big ebay fan and have had very few bad experiences in over 400 transactions, have had great fun and have saved a hug amount of money. I must say, there are some things I would prefer not to buy on ebay and electronic equipment is one, designer jewellery is another - anything where there is a big potential for fakes or substandard goods. I think one of the best buys on ebay is fabric - you can get gorgeous stuff and save a fortune. I've also got quite a FEW BRAND NEW ITEMS OF QUALITY BRAND FOOTWEAR. oops hit the caps lock, time to shut up

Angela
20-Apr-07, 19:01
I've never actually bought anything on Ebay, athough I do keep meaning to, something holds me back :eek: ....but I have sold quite a few things, with no problem at all...including a car![lol]

mums angels
20-Apr-07, 21:40
I've bought loads on ebay...prams,phones,toys,even door plaques(which were fantastic) and have never had a problem with anyone, sometimes things can take longer than you'd like but have found its often due to the couriers or post office.

Keep on ebaying it can be fantastic, think you've just been unlucky :( Good luck and hope you get your item/response soon :)

footie chick
20-Apr-07, 21:44
Bought loads on Ebay {far too much} sold a few the best was something I was hoping for £10.00 got £30.00+ and postage [lol] , have had sellers who send things next day some who I have to wait a week but no complaints.