PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the trouble makers gone.

Tyke
27-Oct-15, 19:30
I haven't been on here for a long time, the fun people who used to wind everyone up appear to have gone into their shells, did I miss something.

mike.mckenzie
27-Oct-15, 22:38
I dip in and out, with long spells in between. Have to say I'm surprised how quiet it is now in here, but I suppose it happens to even the best of forums.

One thing I notice that has happened is that the forums and sub forums have become far too numerous and specific to generate debate in other areas. General used to be a bit of a hub for everything but because the forum is split off into specifics, it stops you dipping in and out of threads you might have browsed. You have to have a purpose to go into each of the sub forums - there are far too many of them. Cut down on them, and people will post more in General, which might revitalise it.

Tyke
28-Oct-15, 10:46
I dip in and out, with long spells in between. Have to say I'm surprised how quiet it is now in here, but I suppose it happens to even the best of forums.

One thing I notice that has happened is that the forums and sub forums have become far too numerous and specific to generate debate in other areas. General used to be a bit of a hub for everything but because the forum is split off into specifics, it stops you dipping in and out of threads you might have browsed. You have to have a purpose to go into each of the sub forums - there are far too many of them. Cut down on them, and people will post more in General, which might revitalise it.

Shame it was always lively and fun. It was the only place I could see what was really going on in Caithness. :(

majic
28-Oct-15, 11:10
Have you tried Caithness not org

Tyke
28-Oct-15, 11:41
Have you tried Caithness not org

Yes but it is worst than this. Last I looked nobody had posted on there for months.

denzel
28-Oct-15, 18:07
Maybe everyone has gone to ground for the winter!

billmoseley
30-Oct-15, 15:43
first time i have been on in ages. not that i'm a trouble maker i just like a bit of humour:eek:

Phill
31-Oct-15, 00:16
I blame the incomers.

Fulmar
31-Oct-15, 13:11
I blame the incomers.

I wondered who had got the long wooden spoon now!

Tyke
31-Oct-15, 14:25
I blame the incomers.

Can I chip in and blame narrow minded locals who have done nothing, been no where and trust no one. Only in fun of course.;)

denzel
31-Oct-15, 18:41
Easier to blame the "wannabes" ......................

Alrock
31-Oct-15, 19:59
Easier to blame the "wannabes" ......................

Even easier to blame the SNP. :roll:

barmar62
31-Oct-15, 20:34
I haven't been on here for a long time, the fun people who used to wind everyone up appear to have gone into their shells, did I miss something.

Alive and kicking thanks.

Alice in Blunderland
01-Nov-15, 11:54
I is here you hoo see me :D

davth
01-Nov-15, 20:06
It all happened around referendum time.
Any poster who did not align with the gruppenfurers separatist ideology was banned, whilst the cybernats were left to post their bile until their hearts were content.

weeker2014
01-Nov-15, 20:46
It all happened around referendum time.
Any poster who did not align with the gruppenfurers separatist ideology was banned, whilst the cybernats were left to post their bile until their hearts were content.

Well that is odd. From all of the postings on here of late, especially in the politics forum, it would appear it is the SNP supporters who have gone in droves and it is the crazed cyberunionists that are left.

As your comment attests to.

davth
02-Nov-15, 08:24
Odd or not
That's what happened.
There was a toys being ejected from pram scenario post referendum hence lack of SNP support these days

trix
04-Nov-15, 01:10
i choost happened til "dip in" an' saw 'iss post..laffin! those were the days....

Phill
04-Nov-15, 18:20
I think many have been 'disappeared' in revenge for the Portgower (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?89463-Are-there-vampires-in-Portgower/page53) thread.

Alrock
04-Nov-15, 19:00
I think many have been 'disappeared' in revenge for the Portgower (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?89463-Are-there-vampires-in-Portgower/page53) thread.

Was passing through Portgower today (didn't stop) & I started wondering what had happened to that thread.

billmoseley
06-Nov-15, 15:45
That was a class thread.

Tighsonas4
07-Nov-15, 21:46
gone are the days a case off were are all the Oldies gone lol

David Banks
07-Nov-15, 23:52

Most of them have been banned.

A few have moved over to the *new* politics category.

Nobody seems to have the guts to find out who is providing the funding for *b#tt#r tog#th#r* or how that *clever-speak* manages to go under the moderator's radar.

davth
08-Nov-15, 08:21

Nobody seems to have the guts to find out who is providing the funding for *b#tt#r tog#th#r* or how that *clever-speak* manages to go under the moderator's radar.

The info is out there of who donated to the wonderfully successful campaign.
Get it right up ye.

canuck
11-Nov-15, 21:03
Indeed there were days and even some very long nights. Hello to my old friends.

porshiepoo
16-Nov-15, 21:10
What DID happen to the Portgower thread? Has it gone?
Best thread ever that was ;)
I dip in and out now and again. Don't stay long and don't really have much to say. Shame really because 'the org' used to be the place to go to good old argument, bit of gossip and a right old laugh. It's all to filtered now though, can't say what you want through fear of offending so by the time you've proof read and edited your initial response it's a mere sentence of the paragraph you originally wrote lol. (I started this reply 20 minutes ago) ;)

weeker2014
16-Nov-15, 21:29
What DID happen to the Portgower thread? Has it gone?
Best thread ever that was ;)
I dip in and out now and again. Don't stay long and don't really have much to say. Shame really because 'the org' used to be the place to go to good old argument, bit of gossip and a right old laugh. It's all to filtered now though, can't say what you want through fear of offending so by the time you've proof read and edited your initial response it's a mere sentence of the paragraph you originally wrote lol. (I started this reply 20 minutes ago) ;)

Check out the recent threads - I left you a present :D

Phill
23-Nov-15, 22:26
Aye thank you...... 'cos this (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?248314-Cyber-Bullying-Intimidation-and-Threats-!)

Get a grip, people.
Words on a screen, just words on a screen.

John Little
23-Nov-15, 23:42
Well I'll post if you will.... And Bekisman. And where is Northerner?

Phill
24-Nov-15, 15:41
Northener was last seen being banished to the Shetlands with his wheelie bin and a supply of strong cider.

John Little
24-Nov-15, 17:15
Well I have plenty of strong cider here and nice stuff it is too. The wheelie bin he may keep, for it takes all sorts to make a world. Cheers! Hic.

Kenn
27-Nov-15, 00:49
I can be controversial if the mood takes me, it's something in The Caithness air!

bekisman
27-Nov-15, 10:29
Well I'll post if you will.... And Bekisman. And where is Northerner?

Hello John my dear boy, would seem, like myself, you take occasional peek into Org wonder why as I'm typing this, my words suddenly jump to form a line ABOVE the one I'm typing? it ain't my PC, surely someone is not reading this as I type - if so "GO AWAY" I have to cut and paste into correct typographical position!.. Northerner did a runner before he was kicked out I expect.. but you never know, can YOU hear us from inside that Wheelie Bin Northerner?

John Little
27-Nov-15, 10:45
And hi to you too Bekisman; good to see you here. Yes I do peek in occasionally. I have been doing so more lately as I have been doing a lot of Thurso remembering from when I was a kid. I've been mis-using my leisure by writing a semi-fictional, semi-factual memoir of my 6 years there, trying to give an idea of what it was like to live there at that time. Then I'll publish it as an E-book for no-one to read. Keeps me amused though.

I shall peek in later....

:)

Kenn
27-Nov-15, 13:40
How dare you peek man!
A gentleman would not have his eye to the key hole but would enter the room graciously.

John Little
27-Nov-15, 14:22
Goodness Gracious me!

I shall not take pique at your objection to peek, but shall maintain that I am no gentleman at my peak but a bit of a sneak- so I may pick my peek without pique, and look in here in a style unique...

bekisman
30-Nov-15, 11:23

Well you got your wish, that unmentionable Bettertogether (think you mean) has been banned, so away goes yet another.. *clever-speak* never mind, it'll gradually water down to insipidness

bekisman
30-Nov-15, 22:14
Hey John Little, I see Northener popped in on September 2nd this year, he's still alive in his wheelie bin!

John Little
30-Nov-15, 22:32
I'm glad to know that. Always worth a read his posts. Straight talking, down to earth, didn't suffer fools gladly. A breath of fresh air.