PDA

View Full Version : Rugby for the more advanced in years

Solus
20-Apr-07, 17:54
I know there is a decent rugby squad up north, but wondering if there is anything for the old broken down players, down south there is the odd game available for the less mobile !!
Just curious, would not mind the odd game now and then ! after playing for over 20 years its kind of hard to hang up the boots, might not be as fast as i used to be being "cough" years old but still willing.

Jeemag_USA
22-Apr-07, 15:28
I know there is a decent rugby squad up north, but wondering if there is anything for the old broken down players, down south there is the odd game available for the less mobile !!
Just curious, would not mind the odd game now and then ! after playing for over 20 years its kind of hard to hang up the boots, might not be as fast as i used to be being "cough" years old but still willing.

That would be a good idea to start, there has always been a pub league in Caithness for footy and then of course you got the soccers sevens. Would be great fun to have an amateur Rugby sevens league. Not too many places with post though I think except for millbank in Thurso?

Solus
23-Apr-07, 00:33
Sevens way to fast for a old lump like me, 15's so i can hide more !!

cullbucket
19-May-07, 02:48
Caithness 2nd 15 has had players in their 50's before - Peter Knight for 1 and I think Tosh is still playing at over 50 these days....

Solus
19-May-07, 13:16
Peter Knight still playing !! there is hope for me then........... now if i can just .... get ......down..... to ..... tie .....my ......boot ....laces:~(

Bobinovich
19-May-07, 17:24
Go for it Solus!!! You can catch up with Caithness RFC here (http://www.caithnessrfc.co.uk/) and should be able to find contact details in there too.