PDA

View Full Version : Inside or Outside?

Lolabelle
20-Apr-07, 12:35
:confused I am thinking of putting my dog's outside from now on. They are a nuisance inside at night because the wander around and wake us up. But...
I feel so mean putting them out when they are used to being in front of the fire in winter. Who keeps thier dogs inside and who leaves them out to adjust to the the seasonal changes?

cuddlepop
20-Apr-07, 14:11
It depends how old the dog is as I think it would be too much for an older dog to be put outside all night.Mine would stay outside given a chance as she feels too hot inside.Compromise is that she's out all day when its dry and can jump up on the window ledge to let me know she wants in,haven't trained her yet to use the doorbell;)

Tugmistress
20-Apr-07, 14:20
I have kept dogs both inside and out. as long as there is suitable housing where they can get in out of the elements in winter and it is off the ground with suitable bedding (i used an old wool blanket over cardboard) and the usual access to food and water then i found no harm came to any of the dogs, the oldest being 10 at the time. i must also add it improved the dogs coats no end, they became very thick and lush after just a few weeks and that was autumn when they first got their outside accomodation.

Lolabelle
21-Apr-07, 12:02
I have kept dogs both inside and out. as long as there is suitable housing where they can get in out of the elements in winter and it is off the ground with suitable bedding (i used an old wool blanket over cardboard) and the usual access to food and water then i found no harm came to any of the dogs, the oldest being 10 at the time. i must also add it improved the dogs coats no end, they became very thick and lush after just a few weeks and that was autumn when they first got their outside accomodation.
Well they should be fine, they have good kennels, under a larger awning to keep out weather, good bedding and water etc. And they are only two and a half and three. I am sure they will adjust. It's still only autumn and they have been out for a few weeks now, while it has been still quite warm. Thanks for your help.