PDA

View Full Version : can you name this plant?

lassieinfife
20-Apr-07, 11:54
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/LASSIEINFIFE/plant1.jpg?t=1177065881 (javascript:void(0);)

Scunner
20-Apr-07, 13:39
Could be an Abutilon - look on Thomson and Morgan's web site

lassieinfife
20-Apr-07, 14:11
:D thanx scunner ........... thats exactly what it turns out to be

Angela
20-Apr-07, 14:40
I thought the leaves looked maple shaped, but had never heard of an abutilon, or any kind of indoor maple, so I've learned something there.

It's a very attractive healthy specimen too, lassieinfife :D

Victoria
20-Apr-07, 14:50
Was just about to say it looks like an Abutilon to me!!! but you beat me to it! hahaha

I think is the 'Marianne'

lassieinfife
20-Apr-07, 15:40
I thought the leaves looked maple shaped, but had never heard of an abutilon, or any kind of indoor maple, so I've learned something there.

It's a very attractive healthy specimen too, lassieinfife :D

hi angela .......... its a 1 yr old plant... though I had killed it off,as all I was left with end of last summer was a dry stem,thought I would overwinter it on kitchen window sill and surprise surprise its back twice as lovely as last year and well on way to 3 ft tall covered in a mass of flowers... might try for a pink one next:D

Angela
20-Apr-07, 16:56
hi angela .......... its a 1 yr old plant... though I had killed it off,as all I was left with end of last summer was a dry stem,thought I would overwinter it on kitchen window sill and surprise surprise its back twice as lovely as last year and well on way to 3 ft tall covered in a mass of flowers... might try for a pink one next:D

Well done, obviously you have a magic touch! I'm usually quite successful with houseplants -I know my worst mistake is overwatering. I've managed to kill off two bonsai though, won't try again :~(