PDA

View Full Version : Reputation points

Solus
19-Apr-07, 21:29
Just noticed them today, and had a look, what a great idea, thanks for the comments folks, nice to see some folk take the time to say thanks etc !:)

emb123
19-Apr-07, 22:35
Only figured out 'where' the location was for adding them myself a day or two ago - it's the little icon of the weighing scales (like the libra star sign) in the top right corner of the posting beside the #number of the post within the thread.

Likewise thanks to all those who've added to mine. I've wanted to show recognition of great content myself on many occasions but not known how to do it. Older and wiser (and greyer) now though!

henry20
20-Apr-07, 08:28
One thing to take note of is the colour of the squares - I thought I got a negative feedback and was quite confused because it was a very nice comment. It was actually a neutral comment (grey box) which is a good rep from someone with low rep status ............. or at least that was my interpretation of it :lol:

Angela
20-Apr-07, 09:18
One thing to take note of is the colour of the squares - I thought I got a negative feedback and was quite confused because it was a very nice comment. It was actually a neutral comment (grey box) which is a good rep from someone with low rep status ............. or at least that was my interpretation of it :lol:

help, henry20.....I can only give either good or bad reputation (approve or disapprove with a post), there's no neutral option that I can see.

I've had nice comments from folk that haven't counted for any points because their reputation's disabled (which I don't think they've known) and I think in that case the square came up grey/black rather than green - would that be what you're thinking of, or is there something different? :confused

johno
20-Apr-07, 11:21
Only figured out 'where' the location was for adding them myself a day or two ago - it's the little icon of the weighing scales (like the libra star sign) in the top right corner of the posting beside the #number of the post within the thread.

Likewise thanks to all those who've added to mine. I've wanted to show recognition of great content myself on many occasions but not known how to do it. Older and wiser (and greyer) now though!
thanks for that, i didnt know how to do that either :confused

ginajade
20-Apr-07, 11:46
Thanks for that. I did not realise either. Didn't even notice that I was an orger now.

Angela
20-Apr-07, 11:49
Thanks for that. I did not realise either. Didn't even notice that I was an orger now.

...which means you can now choose an avatar, ginajade, if you feel so inclined ;)

jekyll n hyde
20-Apr-07, 16:40
just along a similar path....i was unsure on how you became an orger...(silly me)....i thought it was the amount of time you had been a member....but a friend who is an orger tells me that i was wrong in thinking this and infact its to with the amount of posts...(silly me!!)

Solus
20-Apr-07, 16:43
Cant be down to amount you post, or maybe a mix of posts and time here, maybe a moderator could shed some light on this ?

Angela
20-Apr-07, 16:52
I think it's a combination of the length of time and the number of posts....but I could be wrong....maybe someone could enlighten us :D

jekyll n hyde
20-Apr-07, 16:57
i hope someone can enlighten us because im confused as when ive read some threads ive been known to go look at someones profile just out of curiousity....and ive seen a few who have been members since 2005 and 2006 and are still junior members..(the mind boggles):confused

Solus
20-Apr-07, 17:02
yup, the same thought has crossed my mind.

Colin Manson
20-Apr-07, 17:03
Taken from the Admin Settings

Promotion Strategy Days Registered Posts
(Posts and Date) 120 30
(Posts and Date) 60 75
(Posts and Date) 30 150

noodle
20-Apr-07, 17:06
Can you get points without comments? I have some points but can only see one comment - or am I not clicking the right places?

lelebo
20-Apr-07, 18:38
I just checked mine and got a fright because my square was black!!! having checked it turned out that in a fit of playing with the options I must have disabled my reputation (obviously not having a scooby what it was for) - it is now back on - thank you for this thread :D

lelebo
20-Apr-07, 18:41
Wow Henry much respect for all those squares - you truly are a glowing beacon of light in the darkness of the org

lelebo
20-Apr-07, 18:44
I have points but don't know where to go to read the comments........please help???

Angela
20-Apr-07, 18:47
I have points but don't know where to go to read the comments........please help???

There may not be any comments, lelebo -people don't have to make a comment when they give good reputation.

You should see which Orger has given you the good rep though. :)

lelebo
20-Apr-07, 18:49
where would I look to see it?

Fluff
20-Apr-07, 18:58
long blue bar at the top of the page, just under where you can click general.

pick user cp, it will take you to the threads you have posted on and under it your rep points

Angela
20-Apr-07, 18:58
where would I look to see it?

If you click on User CP and then scroll down the page you will see the heading "Latest Reputation Received"...and to the right the points total you have.

Below that you should see a short list of the latest good reps you've been given, with the name of the thread you've posted in, the date, and the name of the Orger who's given you the good rep......:) ...hopefully....?

Fluff
20-Apr-07, 19:03
lol angela. we posted at exactly the same time

wild1
20-Apr-07, 19:05
help I have a black square it's says it's disabled does anyone know how I can change that please???

Angela
20-Apr-07, 19:06
lol angela. we posted at exactly the same time

great minds! ;)

Angela
20-Apr-07, 19:12
help I have a black square it's says it's disabled does anyone know how I can change that please???

Click on User CP, wild1, then, top left of the page, go to "settings & options".

Choose "edit options", then go to "show reputation level" and check the box.

Hopefully you should then go green! :)

wild1
20-Apr-07, 19:19
Thanks very much angela your a star got it all sorted now thanks

Solus
20-Apr-07, 19:49
If you have it disabled, and leave a comment it does not add to that persons reputation though,

What exactly does the reputation points go towards ? can i cash them in anywhere ? the central ? comm ?

JAWS
21-Apr-07, 02:11
They don't count towards anything particular. People can give you good or bad Reps depending how people view a particular post he have made.
I suspect most people just accept them as a bit of fun, but it is nice when you get a "good" one.

percy toboggan
21-Apr-07, 18:25
My own reputation score has helped boost my own impression of myself. It seems many do not see me as a bigoted idiot, and for that I thank all concerned very much indeed. :-)

Tristan
21-Apr-07, 18:32
and the different colours of green?

JAWS
21-Apr-07, 21:15
I think the colour just changes to the lighter green after the first five squares.

I seem to recall a discussion about the Rep System a few years ago. If my memory serves me correctly it came as part of the Package on which the Org is based. As there was no reason to remove it and it did no harm it was just left in place.