PDA

View Full Version : Shop Units

warrior
15-May-05, 13:53
Does anyone know if there is any empty shop units available in Helmsdale, Castletown or up beside the cinema in Thurso.Im looking at opening some conveniance stores in the North.

postman pat
16-May-05, 17:21
Hope you get one in castltown as we need another shop :D
The one here is soon going to be a spar with high prices :evil like most spar shops are.
aanother shop will be good as competion is good and the poor customer has more choice and may not grt ripped off with prices like they are in castletown at murrays just now. :~(

warrior
16-May-05, 18:17
Thanks for the support yes competition is a good thing and I have heard a few stories about Murrays including things like they use hairspray to rub off best before dates from products.Things not that good before you go to those lengths eh. Shouldnt have out of date stock anyway if your shop is run properly.

webmannie
16-May-05, 20:51
You know all the tricks then do you warrior, let us into the secrets so that we can watch out for them.

I got a chicken from a well known german shop last year, it had a ticket in the base under the chicken itself with best before Oct 1998. Needless to say it went straight in the bin, couldn't be bothered arguing. Would have been different if i'd eaten it before finding it!!! I'd have sued the pants of them. (if they'd compensated, i'd have obviously dropped the matter) :^))

warrior
16-May-05, 21:17
Oh yes, but cant give away any more trade secrets now can i!Your chicken had probably been over produced for sale as a fresh chicken but sent to the cold storage instead of waste.It does happen i have been involved in the food industry a fair while .

linzy222
17-May-05, 14:21
There is a shop empty in Castletown called Thompsons, it has been empty since Mace opened

Don't know whats happening with it

Does anyone know??

warrior
17-May-05, 21:18
Well it wont be a mace for much longer Spar is coming to town so look out.So i think its about time there was a decent shop in castletown and surrounding Caithness !!!!