PDA

View Full Version : Paul Monaghan back in the press over SNP selection

BetterTogether
04-Oct-15, 10:31
Once again out local SNP representative has made the press this time over the SNPs selection process and his suitability as an MP.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-selection-under-fire-over-second-mp-1-3906656

Alrock
04-Oct-15, 12:36
Here we go... More SNP bashing...

I'm not condoning his alleged actions but this SNP bashing is getting tiresome.

You only seem to post negative things when they concern the SNP, where was your Cameron bashing thread over the alleged dead pig incident (or no doubt many other controversies involving polititions of all political persuations)?
There wasn't one was there because it didn't fit your agenda, You don't care about anything other than putting the SNP down in the most negative way you can as often as you can.

cptdodger
04-Oct-15, 14:05
where was your Cameron bashing thread over the alleged dead pig incident (or no doubt many other controversies involving polititions of all political persuations)?

And would that not be seen as Cameron/Conservative/Labour/LibDem/any other political party you care to mention, bashing?

The alleged "dead pig incident" was mentioned on another thread.

Who is it that has the overall majority in Holyrood? The SNP. So what other political party in Scotland do we blame when things go badly wrong?

I think the SNP's mantra is now - If you are not with us, you are against us, and as such are traitors and anti Scottish.

golach
04-Oct-15, 14:49
Here we go... More SNP bashing...I'm not condoning his alleged actions but this SNP bashing is getting tiresome.You only seem to post negative things when they concern the SNP, where was your Cameron bashing thread over the alleged dead pig incident (or no doubt many other controversies involving polititions of all political persuations)?There wasn't one was there because it didn't fit your agenda, You don't care about anything other than putting the SNP down in the most negative way you can as often as you can.And why not bash the SNP, what are they doing that is positive, NHS broken, Police broken, Education broken, they have the powers and the money to fix it, but will not spend it, why not?

BetterTogether
04-Oct-15, 15:25
Here we go... More SNP bashing...I'm not condoning his alleged actions but this SNP bashing is getting tiresome.You only seem to post negative things when they concern the SNP, where was your Cameron bashing thread over the alleged dead pig incident (or no doubt many other controversies involving polititions of all political persuations)?There wasn't one was there because it didn't fit your agenda, You don't care about anything other than putting the SNP down in the most negative way you can as often as you can.

I will never deny that I dislike the SNP to do so would make me completely dishonest.

But you have to agree for a party that put itself forward as being distinctly different from all the other parties lobbying the electorate on a new way of doing politics they aren't really doing a great job.

It's not me putting Paul Monaghan in the national press on a regular basis, his past behaviour and performance of social media does that all by itself.
I didn't force the issue of Michelle Thomson into the headlines or get Fiona Hyslop embroiled in a cronyism row.

I really wish I had that sort of power over the National Press and Media unless you're suggesting that they watch my movements online and religiously report the stories I mention.
But for that to happen I'd have to possess some sort of time machine which transported me back in time to report stories before they appeared nationally.
The daily failures reported in the press are news and political so therefor belong in this subsection of the org if you want to put stories up that mention other MPs that are doing naughty things feel free no one is stopping you and it may provoke so debate.
As for David Cameron the story broke a few weeks ago in the Daily Mail a supposedly right wing paper, the man who was alleged to have said it occurred denied he ever said it, the photos that where allegedly lurking ready to be released failed to appear what do you want me to say, that a man should be branded a pigophile because someone with an axe to grind releases a story that can't be substantiated to the press the same story that's been used a few times previously to discredit politicians in various countries and isn't particularly new, dig at it if you find it has legs and a snout run with it and have fun meanwhile there seems to be little more to be said on that subject.

In the meantime if you're sick of hearing SNP stories send an email or letter to your local SNP MP or Party leader and ask them to stop getting themselves in hot water and doing their jobs then there won't be anything bad to say.

I'd be interested to know if the Prime Minister had been found to be lying about an issue and then used public finance to try and suppress the truth whether he'd of managed to get away with it like Alex Salmond did with his EU membership during the referendum told a bare face lie then used public finance to try and cover it up or whether he would of been hounded out of office.

sids
04-Oct-15, 17:53
where was your Cameron bashing thread over the alleged dead pig incident

Maybe Cameron didn't do it.

BetterTogether
04-Oct-15, 20:44
Mind it might not be a good week for the party of power next week if the leaked emails make the national press. They've already seeped out so its just a matter of whether the big media outlets decide to run with them, then it's another hole in the side for the ruling party.

BetterTogether
15-Oct-15, 22:30
Well I have to admit Paul Monaghan is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Remember this classic when you go to vote next time.

This is the man you're trusting with the big decisions.