PDA

View Full Version : Deception, Propaganda and Social Control

Shabbychic
01-Oct-15, 00:42
Just read this article (http://www.sott.net/article/303008-Deception-propaganda-and-social-control-The-power-of-the-false-narrative-psy-op) on the power of the false narrative and the Stratcom technique, and personally believe this is going on here too. Some of the examples are very interesting.

Any thoughts?

dozy
01-Oct-15, 06:03
Just read this article (http://www.sott.net/article/303008-Deception-propaganda-and-social-control-The-power-of-the-false-narrative-psy-op) on the power of the false narrative and the Stratcom technique, and personally believe this is going on here too. Some of the examples are very interesting.Any thoughts?Sounds like the Tory and Unionist Party Mantra.

cptdodger
01-Oct-15, 07:34
Much like any other Political Party, including your beloved SNP.

BetterTogether
01-Oct-15, 09:01
Just read this article (http://www.sott.net/article/303008-Deception-propaganda-and-social-control-The-power-of-the-false-narrative-psy-op) on the power of the false narrative and the Stratcom technique, and personally believe this is going on here too. Some of the examples are very interesting.Any thoughts?

Yes seems like that is what has happened on the org all the way through the referendum debate with certain pro independence posters ensuring pro Union posters where banned and the vociferous political posting that has come from just one political source.

Same is happening now that the controlling party is starting to unravel a few of its ardent supporters are trying to play down all the bad press that's hitting the headlines instead of accepting their quasi messianic adulation of a political party has been misplaced and those who were so adored and showered with favour are in fact mere mortals who've been caught with their fingers in the cookie jar.

Shabbychic
01-Oct-15, 10:03
I'm sorry, but if you read beyond the first paragraph, you will realise this goes much further than the SNP. They don't have this type of clout. I was not aiming this at the usual petty, party political squabbling. To even compare the contents of this article with the SNP, org politics or referendums, beggars belief. Look at the bigger picture and step outside the box. This concerns us all.

This article is about the power of the establishment and how we are all being controlled with lies and deception on a worldwide stage. It concerns what is going on in the world, and the power grabs by the elite. It's about controlling how we, the ordinary people on the street, view what is happening regarding military interventions, for example, and how to get us to accept what we are being told. This is the discussion points I was aiming for.

BetterTogether
01-Oct-15, 10:09
Well the type of discussion your after would be dependent on how well travelled you are, whether those travels included some of the more unsavoury parts of the world. Whether you had a fairly good grasp on geo politics. Whether on not you consider everything a conspiracy or accept there are some conspiracies but not that many. Also whether you're able to accept and debate about the ethic, culturalamd religious differences that define different groups of people how they think and act to certain situations their traditions which mean sometimes they act completely counter intuitively to westernised thinking . Even the simple difference between Russian and US thinking

Shabbychic
01-Oct-15, 10:35
I don't believe one must travel to places to find out what is going on. The world wide web does that for you today if you are willing to search further than the usual SNP are bad search engines. Some of the other points you make are valid and open for discussion to those who are fed up just accepting what they are being fed by the BBC. However, there are some points you make that don't really fit in with what the article is actually saying. Downright lies don't always have an ethical or religious background.

To believe that conspiracies don't exist doesn't make it true, but just what we are meant to believe.

Now we are having a discussion on whether or not we can have a discussion!

tonkatojo
01-Oct-15, 10:51
Much like any other Political Party, including your beloved SNP.

This policy is/will be followed to the letter by most government departments at present/shortly.

Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for theSHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under theSCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED anyfurther by the Government.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of they give our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough , please bring this to the attention of your MP, who has been trained to give you all the you can handle.

Sincerely,
The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)

PS - Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

BetterTogether
01-Oct-15, 12:54
I don't believe one must travel to places to find out what is going on. The world wide web does that for you today if you are willing to search further than the usual SNP are bad search engines. Some of the other points you make are valid and open for discussion to those who are fed up just accepting what they are being fed by the BBC. However, there are some points you make that don't really fit in with what the article is actually saying. Downright lies don't always have an ethical or religious background. To believe that conspiracies don't exist doesn't make it true, but just what we are meant to believe.Now we are having a discussion on whether or not we can have a discussion!See much as I'd like to agree with you I have to disagree the Internet is a wonderful tool for research I've used it many times before visiting a place but there is a world of difference between sitting in your room learning about Africa and when you actually arrive and experience it. To fool yourself that worldwide can be gained purely by Internet searches is to limit yourself. To travel see the places smell feel them, talk to the people and get a feel for their lifestyles culture and differences is something the Internet will never be able to replace. I can broaden myself easily beyond SNP bad I don't view any party as perfect or anywhere near that position but what I do consider is the SNP a party which is probably the very worst of a not particularly good pot.I said conspiracies do exsist but not on the frequency that many people who buy into every Internet conflated potential conspiracy or having watched too many tv programs believe. The problem is when the easily influenced meet those who want to influence them most conspiracy theories are floated by bampots with an axe to grind.

rob murray
01-Oct-15, 13:03
I'm sorry, but if you read beyond the first paragraph, you will realise this goes much further than the SNP. They don't have this type of clout. I was not aiming this at the usual petty, party political squabbling. To even compare the contents of this article with the SNP, org politics or referendums, beggars belief. Look at the bigger picture and step outside the box. This concerns us all.

This article is about the power of the establishment and how we are all being controlled with lies and deception on a worldwide stage. It concerns what is going on in the world, and the power grabs by the elite. It's about controlling how we, the ordinary people on the street, view what is happening regarding military interventions, for example, and how to get us to accept what we are being told. This is the discussion points I was aiming for.

Try reading Noam Chomsky ( anthing by hi ) he has spent his life exposing controlling elites...particulary exposing US foreign policy

Shabbychic
01-Oct-15, 16:45
Try reading Noam Chomsky ( anthing by hi ) he has spent his life exposing controlling elites...particulary exposing US foreign policy

I am a big fan of folks like Kropotkin and Chomsky, Rob. I wish more folks would get to know them and understand what is really going on in the world and about things like "false flag (http://www.globalresearch.ca/americans-are-finally-learning-about-false-flag-terror/5359234)", and realise that the term "conspiracy theorist" is just a term to discredit those who think outside the box.

Hence the reason for posting this thread, as a taste of thinking beyond mere politics and how ludicrous many threads on here really are.

rob murray
01-Oct-15, 16:53
I am a big fan of folks like Kropotkin and Chomsky, Rob. I wish more folks would get to know them and understand what is really going on in the world and about things like "false flag (http://www.globalresearch.ca/americans-are-finally-learning-about-false-flag-terror/5359234)", and realise that the term "conspiracy theorist" is just a term to discredit those who think outside the box.

Hence the reason for posting this thread, as a taste of thinking beyond mere politics and how ludicrous many threads on here really are.

Yes some threads are questionable and I agree with your sentiments as expressed above............................

Fulmar
01-Oct-15, 18:12
Could you please name the 'some', 'ludicrous' threads.

rob murray
01-Oct-15, 21:07
Could you please name the 'some', 'ludicrous' threads.

Its my opinion on some......so personal. to me....but Im sure you find some threads a bit ludicrous as well lets leave it at that

Niall Fernie
03-Oct-15, 20:00
Yes seems like that is what has happened on the org all the way through the referendum debate with certain pro independence posters ensuring pro Union posters where banned and the vociferous political posting that has come from just one political source.

I can confirm that everyone who has been banned from this forum has been so based on their own actions.

The individuals that were banned during the lead up to the referendum were banned or suspended because their behaviour was well outside the rules.

The number of sock puppet accounts created by the pro-union side of the debate was staggering.

The number of personal insults and threats toward individuals was more in that month or so before the referendum was greater that at any other time in the history of our forum.

User accounts on both sides of the debate were banned and suspended, the abhorrent behaviour was not limited to the pro-union side.

The creation of a now-dead forum with the sole aim of attacking our site and it's members compounded the reasons for the bans of many individuals.

And BetterTogether, you sound like the pot calling the kettle black when you mention "vociferous political posting that has come from just one political source". Your "vociferous political posting" is the reason we now have a political forum. We have had a great number of comments and complaints about your right wing posts, your rabid anti-Scottish attacks and the callous way that you deal with every topic and every poster that does not agree with you.

Don't expect an argument, I very rarely read this section of the forum now as you and Rob don't tend to complain about each other.

BetterTogether
04-Oct-15, 10:29
Well I've never made a rabid anti Scottish attack and politics should hold left middle and right wing sides what I do disagree with is the SNPs running of the country simple as that.

If you are receiving numerous complaints then I'd say it shows more the inclination of those who prefer to run to the people running the site than providing a robust defence of their political views.

No argument just debate.

Nice that we do have a political forum though as it does seem quite popular.

So for that I'd thank you.

cptdodger
04-Oct-15, 10:59
your rabid anti-Scottish attacks

So, because I will not ever vote SNP and because I along with the other 55% of people in Scotland did not and never will vote Yes in a Scottish Independence Referendum, that makes us all anti Scottish as well ?

Well hardly, I was born in Scotland that makes me, by default Scottish whether you like it or not, so really if I am anti Scottish, I am then attacking myself. That accusation doesn't really make sense now does it?

Tig
04-Oct-15, 15:14
I can confirm that everyone who has been banned from this forum has been so based on their own actions.

The individuals that were banned during the lead up to the referendum were banned or suspended because their behaviour was well outside the rules.

What a load of tosh and you know it. You banned a whole pile of user accounts on the basis of the squeeling that came from a frequent poster, when it turned out to be wrong you werent man enough to own up to your mistake and chose to continue your dictatorship of the forum.

I was enjoying reading the Politics section all the different views but I fear the heavy hand of Moderation will soon be upon it oh well...

Niall Fernie
04-Oct-15, 19:05
I also know that Tig and BetterTogether have used the same device to post, sock puppet?

cptdodger
04-Oct-15, 19:14
I also know that Tig and BetterTogether have used the same device to post, sock puppet?

You know, we are not in the playground, if you have a problem with people's posts send them a PM, or whatever it is admins do. It is very unprofessional (as admin) to turn it into a public slanging match.

BetterTogether
04-Oct-15, 19:43
I also know that Tig and BetterTogether have used the same device to post, sock puppet?You mean do I know Tig yes I do.

Are we the same person definitely not.

Have they used my device to sign into the org, yes once.

Do we live at the same address NO.

Are we using the same IP address NO.

Is it usually the same device NO.

Is TIG a sock puppet account used by me most assuredly not.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a sweeping accusation.

Let's hope that's cleared up or non of us will ever be able to sign into the org from anywhere else in the county or use a friends device without being accused of being a sock puppet

Or maybe a married couple or cohabiters use the same device or family members does it mean they are the same person NO
Not everyone in the world has access to or the means to pay for an individual device that doesn't mean they are sock puppets.

sids
04-Oct-15, 19:55
You know, we are not in the playground, if you have a problem with people's posts send them a PM, or whatever it is admins do. It is very unprofessional (as admin) to turn it into a public slanging match.

Was it a secret then?

BetterTogether
04-Oct-15, 20:07
Was it a secret then?Well it would be rather amusing if we where the same person as one thing I'm definitely not is female or pregnant which TIG is. So that should make differentiation easy enough.

cptdodger
04-Oct-15, 20:15
Was it a secret then?

Was what a secret ?

sids
04-Oct-15, 20:17
Was what a secret ?

You don't catch me out like that!

BetterTogether
04-Oct-15, 20:40
What was the thread title again.

Deception, Propoganda and Social Control.

False flag and is big brother really watching.

The truth is out there.

Really does make you wonder eh !

rob murray
05-Oct-15, 09:53

The number of sock puppet accounts created by the pro-union side of the debate was staggering.

The number of personal insults and threats toward individuals was more in that month or so before the referendum was greater that at any other time in the history of our forum.

User accounts on both sides of the debate were banned and suspended, the abhorrent behaviour was not limited to the pro-union side.

The creation of a now-dead forum with the sole aim of attacking our site and it's members compounded the reasons for the bans of many individuals.

And BetterTogether, you sound like the pot calling the kettle black when you mention "vociferous political posting that has come from just one political source". Your "vociferous political posting" is the reason we now have a political forum. We have had a great number of comments and complaints about your right wing posts, your rabid anti-Scottish attacks and the callous way that you deal with every topic and every poster that does not agree with you.

Don't expect an argument, I very rarely read this section of the forum now as you and Rob don't tend to complain about each other.

I dont complain officially about anyone, and me and BTG have had our disagreements on here !!!!!!!! JUst as I have disagreed with many posters as is my right.