PDA

View Full Version : Dentists...

noodle
18-Apr-07, 22:08
What dentists are in Thurso/Halkirk area (or even over on Wick side) that people are happy with? I don't mind paying denplan or whatever if they are good. I'm quite nervous about going back to a dentist (had a bad experience a few years ago when I lived somewhere else) so they need to be reasonably sympathetic to nerves!

Apologies if I have put this in the wrong forum, and thanks in advance for any advice!

jekyll n hyde
18-Apr-07, 22:57
hey there....<<<<<knows how you feel bout dentists....had myself a bad experience once.....due to this i never went back and consequently i ended up in a bad way(not in caithness).....it took my sons health visitor to get me to go to a dentist..as it happens she got me to dunbar dentist as i was in a bad way.....4 years on im great now still go back for regular check ups.....however im unsure about others in thurso or wick but ive never heard any complaints:D

Victoria
18-Apr-07, 23:02
due to have my tooth extracted under general anisthetic on the 5th july coz i'm too scared to have a local :eek: :eek:

noodle
19-Apr-07, 08:37
For me it's simply I don't like having someone's hands in my mouth for so long. Which is weird because when I was younger I had a ton of orthodontic work and was absolutely fine about it!:confused

Victoria
19-Apr-07, 10:50
For me it's simply I don't like having someone's hands in my mouth for so long. Which is weird because when I was younger I had a ton of orthodontic work and was absolutely fine about it!:confused

Its the same for me too - I get scared i'm gonna choke or gag or something.

The pain thing isnt reall yan issue for me.

noodle
19-Apr-07, 13:02
Would you recommend your dentist the Victoria?

gunnlass
19-Apr-07, 13:23
I would recommend Bridges dental clinic in Wick, I have Neil Erridge and kids have Sandra Dolan both very good.

Victoria
19-Apr-07, 13:27
I live in Surrey so it might be a bit of a waste of time to recomment my local dentist!

The only reason I'm lucky enough to be put to sleep is because my dentist refered me to the holspital because the tooth is impacted and they cannot remove it easily at the dentist.

When I had my consaltation at the hospital I begged the consultant to give me a general rather than a local because I was petrified and he agreed.

noodle
19-Apr-07, 13:30
I would recommend Bridges dental clinic in Wick, I have Neil Erridge and kids have Sandra Dolan both very good.

Thanks gunnlass. Really would prefer a dentist in Thurso/Halkirk as I'm that side of the county but I've heard a couple of horror stories so considering travelling further to Wick! :)

I've been googling and getting results for "Northern Holistic" in Thurso - anyone heard of them?

noodle
19-Apr-07, 13:34
I live in Surrey so it might be a bit of a waste of time to recomment my local dentist!

:lol: Yeah maybe. Don't think I even have relations there I could visit whilst I was there!