PDA

View Full Version : Going Clear - Scientology Documentary

retrodj
23-Sep-15, 13:16
Did anyone see this the other night. Unbelievable and eye opening stuff. One big scam from a man whom just wanted to make a lot of money and dupe people in to believing something..
Marketing genius? Imaginative Science Fiction Writer? Fruit Loop? A wee bit evil?....

And Tom Cruise... :eek:

Rheghead
23-Sep-15, 14:16
Did anyone see this the other night. Unbelievable and eye opening stuff. One big scam from a man whom just wanted to make a lot of money and dupe people in to believing something..
Marketing genius? Imaginative Science Fiction Writer? Fruit Loop? A wee bit evil?....

But then you could say that about anyone who talks about any other religion. All religions aim to get people brainwashed into following their doctines, often for a financial payment which is the main reason why they are at it.

cptdodger
23-Sep-15, 14:30

I watched it, I actually sat there looking at all these people wondering what on earth were they thinking ! I think maybe in the beginning it was an elaborate money making scheme for the L Ron Hubbard, but in the end, although he went into hiding from the authorities, he never ran away with all the money as such.

I have seen another documentary about them focusing on what they do to people that leave, and it was frightening, this documentary touched on it slightly. Fair enough Rheghead, you could say that about other religions in general, but other religions, do not have file upon file about their followers (at least I don't think they do) and threaten to use the information contained within the files if they threaten to leave. It is quite frightening in this day and age they get away with half the things they get up to.