PDA

View Full Version : Here we go a new candidate three guesses

BetterTogether
18-Sep-15, 08:55
Well I wonder what Squidge I'm only a party member will have to say about this !

Comments on a postcard !

http://www.thehighlandtimes.com/news/2015/08/04/snp-girl-power-in-highland-constituency/

rob murray
18-Sep-15, 09:04
Well thats one situation clarified, a prospective MSP is a poster ! Her posts must now be inteprreted as being full on SNP official line and not as a party member.

cptdodger
18-Sep-15, 09:06
Well, we have seen what happens to people who do not toe the party line !

golach
18-Sep-15, 09:40
Well thats one situation clarified, a prospective MSP is a poster ! Her posts must now be inteprreted as being full on SNP official line and not as a party member.

LMAO, you have just realised that??

squidge
18-Sep-15, 10:36
Lol, I thought you all knew that already.

You DO all know that ANY party member can stand for selection. I am just an ordinary party member and that is exactly what I did. I don't hold any position in the party and I stood for selection for the experience, which was Fantastic and because many members asked me to do so.

I'm surprised none of you knew lol. It was never a secret! I had a Facebook page, a Twitter account, I was in the paper lol. Rob and Golach certainly knew and BT knew as well I thought, after all they said that they were sure that I would say when there was something to tell! - many others knew too. If you recall, I said at the time Golach mentioned it that if things changed and i stopped being an ordinary member then I would tell you.

I wasn't selected so nothing has changed, I'm not standing for the list and so I remain just a party member. My views as always, including those I expressed at the hustings, and those I expressed in the many many emails I received, remain my own views. I have opinions on SNP party policies just as any other member does. I was asked about everything from MPAs to right to die, from the a9 to fracking. It was just a wonderful experience meeting so many people all over the constituency and talking about what was important to them - I loved it:) there were six candidates for selection and we all had different views on a range of things.

The candidate for Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch is Kate Forbes. A very clever, and impressive young woman. The ballots for list candidates are out today so I wish them good luck.

Now back to my hairdresser :)

squidge
18-Sep-15, 11:25
Well thats one situation clarified, a prospective MSP is a poster ! Her posts must now be inteprreted as being full on SNP official line and not as a party member.Rob Murray lol - you knew that weeks ago!

bekisman
18-Sep-15, 11:29
Well I never knew that Squidge was SNP and actually stood for selection lol. I don't know what BT or the others are but I'm NOT a Conservative member or any other party's member - I'm a free thinker and not simply a mouthpiece for a particular party. But the cat's out of the bag, and although I thought she was quite, shall we say 'enthusiastic' in support of the Nationalist, never thought she'd use these apolitical pages for that agenda..
Over the last three elections, both UK and Scottish I voted Tory, SNP, LibDem and Labour (and yes, I knew what I was doing) maybe I am a conservative with a small 'c'. So far no policies of the Greens attracts me, although with 1,800 Greens being caught out paying their £3 I might at some date be tempted!

rob murray
18-Sep-15, 11:36
Squidges candidature is old news....it featured inthe Inverness Courier last August. The winning candidate in an all-female collectiveof potential candidates, as Squidge says,is a former Dingwall Academy pupil, kate Forbes( 25) who stood against five other candidates to win the SNP nomination including Squidge
MsForbes, who left Dingwall Academy in 2008 to study history at theUniversity of Cambridge, was first educated in Gaelic-medium. After leavingCambridge, she worked as research assistant for over a year in Holyrood for MrThompson the outgoing MSP.

rob murray
18-Sep-15, 11:38
Rob Murray lol - you knew that weeks ago!

Yep but kept the pretence up that I didnt.....hard luck mate........

BetterTogether
18-Sep-15, 13:50
So that's something else you've got wrong its starting to become almost regular occurrence.

So from now on if you want to know which way opinion is going read Squidges posts then vote the other way and you're pretty much be bang on the money.

rob murray
18-Sep-15, 14:15
so that's something else you've got wrong its starting to become almost regular occurrence.

So from now on if you want to know which way opinion is going read squidges posts then vote the other way and you're pretty much be bang on the money.

ok................................................

BetterTogether
18-Sep-15, 18:10
Certainly explains the complete lack of condemnation of Paul Monaghans tweets, it's all totally unacceptable unless you're part of the club. Then it's say nothing as dissent isn't allowed from the official party line .

squidge
19-Sep-15, 09:51
So do I have BT to thank for sharing an article about something that lots of people know as a result of which I received a vile bit of rubbish that arrived in my Facebook messages this morning? "I saw on Caithness.org" it said. I can't copy it here as it is too vile but it has been reported It's a good job yesterday was a wonderful one because otherwise I might have been upset or even frightened by the language of the message.

What a place full of hate this board has become. I stood for selection because I wanted to make a difference to the lives of people in the Highlands. Im not a politician lol - not even been a councillor, but many people asked me to stand for selection because they felt that I would speak up for them. That I would stand up and be counted, speak up for them when it mattered - even with my dulcet Lancashire tones. I'm proud that I stood, I'm proud that people from all over the constituency gave me their vote - even if I didn't win.

During that campaign I met many wonderful people but I never had one mysoginistic, racist, insulting, abusive comment on my Facebook page, in my inbox, even on Twitter even after that and other articles appeared in the press. And yet today, after BT shared the article on here - BINGO. Mysoginistic, racist insulting and a wee bit threatening too.

So, if I Am somehow responsible for Paul Monaghans nonsense then maybe you, Better Together are also responsible for creating an environment where people think it's ok to speak to others like you do, and from that, think it's ok to sent abusive disgusting messages. Is it your fault BT? Is it? Of course it isn't.

I rarely wonder who hides behind the names on this board, many I know, some I don't but people have their reasons for using a user name. I don't know who sent that message, from the ID on Facebook they went to all the trouble to create a profile and then delete it, simply to send me abuse.

So, if any of you lot posting regularly on this board were responsible for the disgusting stuff in my Facebook messenger this morning, you should be ashamed of yourself. And be warned - I don't scare easily and if you DO turn up at my door to paint your swastika as you threatened you'll find that out you utter contemptible excuse for a human being.

BetterTogether
19-Sep-15, 10:07
I'd find sending you a message like that totally unacceptable as well, it has no part in sensible political debate.

One thing I can't be held responsible for is how people reacte to public information.

With all due respect Squidge it's not I that promotes myself publicly in the world of politics, you, yourself have chosen to put yourself out there in the big wide world outside of the Org and it appears you tend to work within the circles where you meet people who only agree with your point of view.

While I don't not find abusing people acceptable if I was to go public and put my name and face out there I would accept that some people would disagree with me.
The org isn't responsible for your presence in the outside political world nor is it responsible for those who chose to interact with you outside of the org.
I've never sent you a message and chose to limit my posts to the boards so please refrain from trying to blame other people for your own problems created by your own self promotion in the public eye.

Although I will say you do have previous form for blaming innocent people on social media and getting them removed so who knows maybe it's one of those innocents you've previously ground your grievance axe against.

In future I would say quite simply if you do not wish negative posts do as I do make your settings on Facebook private then people can't send you messages.

Once again I'm sorry someone has decided to engage you in a non respectful manner but it seems that to some extent is the world the SNP have created in Scotland a nation divided and full of hatred.

squidge
19-Sep-15, 10:16
I'd find sending you a message like that totally unacceptable as well, it has no part in sensible political debate. One thing I can't be held responsible for is how people reacte to public information. With all due respect Squidge it's not I that promotes myself publicly in the world of politics, you, yourself have chosen to put yourself out there in the big wide world outside of the Org and it appears you tend to work within the circles where you meet people who only agree with your point of view. While I don't not find abusing people acceptable if I was to go public and put my name and face out there I would accept that some people would disagree with me. The org isn't responsible for your presence in the outside political world nor is it responsible for those who chose to interact with you outside of the org. I've never sent you a message and chose to limit my posts to the boards so please refrain from trying to blame other people for your own problems created by your own self promotion in the public eye.Disagree with me? I meet people ALL the time who disagree with me. In work, in my social life, in political circles, amongst my friends. The point is that just as you, just as this board is not responsible for people who send abusive messages, I and every SNP member is not responsible for every ridiculous tweet made by an MP, an MSP. A councillor, a random nutter on a message board. It is ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

BetterTogether
19-Sep-15, 10:20
As per my reply to your accusation in private message asking if it was me.

I suggest you report it to the police.

Quite easy quite simple and dealt with by the correct authorities.

Or are you going to attempt some kind of online smear campaign throwing around unfounded accusations again.

squidge
19-Sep-15, 10:26
No Better Together, if you say it wasn't you then I believe you. And I'm glad coz it means I can stick you back on ignore. :)

BetterTogether
19-Sep-15, 10:35
No Better Together, if you say it wasn't you then I believe you. And I'm glad coz it means I can stick you back on ignore. :)

You keep saying I'm on ignore that's fine all it shows to those who do not subscribe to your views is how intolerant you are of any dissent from views that don't fit with your own.

Considering all you get from me is a differing point of view from your own it does make me wonder whether in reality your robust enough to deal with the world of politics.

Should you manage to attain some form of public office would you just ignore those who differ politically from your own viewpoint, that doesn't sound like the sort of attribute a politician should have.

I can now amuse myself with a mental image of you sitting representing your constituents with your fingers in your ears going " la la la " when someone disagrees with you.

If nothing else that makes me smile and yes it probably is childish.

Meanwhile I shall continue to debate robustly and respectfully issues whether the people agree or disagree with me.

squidge
19-Sep-15, 11:11
I'm not intolerant of your views, I'm lntolerant of your posts and the nastiness contained therein. Your Views are Normal ordinary views that differ from mine and that's ok. Your posts however are spiteful, nasty, mean and personal. I'm too old to be bothered with that mean minded nonsense unless I have to and as far as your posts are concerned... I don't have to. Now I'm off to have a lovely family meal with my handsome son and his beautiful wife. You can continue your carping on here if you like. X

rob murray
19-Sep-15, 13:16
So do I have BT to thank for sharing an article about something that lots of people know as a result of which I received a vile bit of rubbish that arrived in my Facebook messages this morning? "I saw on Caithness.org" it said. I can't copy it here as it is too vile but it has been reported It's a good job yesterday was a wonderful one because otherwise I might have been upset or even frightened by the language of the message.

What a place full of hate this board has become. I stood for selection because I wanted to make a difference to the lives of people in the Highlands. Im not a politician lol - not even been a councillor, but many people asked me to stand for selection because they felt that I would speak up for them. That I would stand up and be counted, speak up for them when it mattered - even with my dulcet Lancashire tones. I'm proud that I stood, I'm proud that people from all over the constituency gave me their vote - even if I didn't win.

During that campaign I met many wonderful people but I never had one mysoginistic, racist, insulting, abusive comment on my Facebook page, in my inbox, even on Twitter even after that and other articles appeared in the press. And yet today, after BT shared the article on here - BINGO. Mysoginistic, racist insulting and a wee bit threatening too.

So, if I Am somehow responsible for Paul Monaghans nonsense then maybe you, Better Together are also responsible for creating an environment where people think it's ok to speak to others like you do, and from that, think it's ok to sent abusive disgusting messages. Is it your fault BT? Is it? Of course it isn't.

I rarely wonder who hides behind the names on this board, many I know, some I don't but people have their reasons for using a user name. I don't know who sent that message, from the ID on Facebook they went to all the trouble to create a profile and then delete it, simply to send me abuse.

So, if any of you lot posting regularly on this board were responsible for the disgusting stuff in my Facebook messenger this morning, you should be ashamed of yourself. And be warned - I don't scare easily and if you DO turn up at my door to paint your swastika as you threatened you'll find that out you utter contemptible excuse for a human being.

Genuinely sorry to her about this.........

BetterTogether
19-Sep-15, 13:38
I'm not intolerant of your views, I'm lntolerant of your posts and the nastiness contained therein. Your Views are Normal ordinary views that differ from mine and that's ok. Your posts however are spiteful, nasty, mean and personal. I'm too old to be bothered with that mean minded nonsense unless I have to and as far as your posts are concerned... I don't have to. Now I'm off to have a lovely family meal with my handsome son and his beautiful wife. You can continue your carping on here if you like. X

Sounds to me like classic narcissism.

I'd say your posts are more mean minded and spiteful considering you regularly disregard Two Million Voters of Independence and then disregard an even greater volume when it comes to immigration.

Stop playing the victim your covers been blown your credibility thinner than a poundland two ply toilet roll maybe your smear tactics will work better there.

Oh I forgot you don't live in Caithness in fact you don't live any of the places where you dabble your rabble rousing politics.

Oh and I never mention my family life on here I find that a bit tacky.

bekisman
19-Sep-15, 14:37
Blinking heck Squidge: "What a place full of hate this board has become".. ."the disgusting stuff in my Facebook messenger this morning".. "to paint your swastika as you threatened".. "Mysoginistic, racist insulting and a wee bit threatening too".
Right, first thing is report it to Facebook, and now you MUST report it to the Police, If this happened it is your DUTY to do so, The Police and Facebook work together to trace the origin - not too difficult, these idiots who do this are not clever.
Tell us the progress of how things develop, I am certain we all want to know, as it is totally wrong and illegal, so please do it?..

BetterTogether
19-Sep-15, 14:45
I've already suggested that she reports it to the police anything that made threats and used a swastika would be classified under a hate crime so it would be a fairly easy prosecution.

I'd like to hear the progress made as well there's no room for such actions in political discussion.

Or as one PM has suggested to me it could all be just another attempt at playing the victim card attempt by the illustrious poster.

cptdodger
19-Sep-15, 14:54

I for one never knew you were standing for Parliament, until yesterday morning that is. I may be wrong, but as far as I know you never mentioned it on any of the posts you had written on here. There is only one person that has ever used or referred to the word I have highlighted on your post on this political part of the Forum and it certainly wasn't any of us.

I am certainly not responsible for any threats made to you on Facebook or any other media you care to mention, but as BetterTogether pointed out, the first point of contact for you should have been the Police to report this. I know for a fact the person responsible can be traced, regardless whether or not it was a fake profile. They did it last year when the Scottish Republican Army appeared on Facebook.

As I said this is the only person on this forum I have seen using that word -

http://forum.caithness.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dozy http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=1130360#post1130360)
Watch your back for those Red ,White and Blue Swastika wavers. I've already been at the pointed end of the threats

BetterTogether
19-Sep-15, 14:58
I also found amusing the assumption that I knew that she'd been running for Candidate. I didn't have a clue until a link appeared on a PM in my inbox so it seems many of her assumptions are wrong I really have better things to do with my time than worry about what she is up to in her spare time.

squidge
19-Sep-15, 15:51
Done Beks, however, I'm told highly unlikely they will find the source. :/

Still it's logged now so if I knock the block off someone standing at my door with a yellow paint can it will be recorded.

I'm nobody's victim either and I'm not remotely scared of cowards behind made up profiles or of nameless posters filling up BTs inbox with little nuggets of information or nastiness for him to post. People like that rarely step up to the plate, rarely own up to their appalling behaviour and always pee their pants when confronted.

I am however, knackered. Fortunately I'm due a wee holiday and will be off to warmer climes shortly. Gruelling selection process, sons wedding and other stuff have worn me out lol. Roll on October.

cptdodger
19-Sep-15, 15:57
So, if any of you lot posting regularly on this board were responsible for the disgusting stuff in my Facebook messenger this morning, you should be ashamed of yourself.

In fact, as I am one of the people that post regularly on this forum, I suggest you make this accusation official. I will quite happily contact the Police myself to get this matter cleared up.

squidge
19-Sep-15, 16:27
Awww cpt - thank you xxx

It was perfectly evident it wasn't you though. From the language used I'm pretty certain it was a man! His mum would be very proud.

BetterTogether
19-Sep-15, 16:42
We shall all look forward to reading the results of any Police action taken as it's very easy to trace someone who has used Facebook to send messages.

If on the other hand we hear nothing further we shall take it that this was another attempt to play the victim and smear people in the process.