PDA

View Full Version : Were tenants conned out of their right to buy

dozy
17-Sep-15, 19:16
It's come to light the tens of thousands of tenents have had their "Right to Buy" taken from them illegally ( this was before the right was suspended) when RSLs made fraudulent requests to the Regional Council to have Pressure Area Status in parts of the Highlands . Both Council and RSL tenents have fell foul of this alleged fraud. I just hope that the Scottish Parliament do the right thing and investigate this gross injustice .

sids
17-Sep-15, 22:07
What's an RSL?

tonkatojo
17-Sep-15, 22:21
What's an RSL?

This might explain it.

https://www.scottishhousingregulator.gov.uk/find-and-compare-landlords/rsl-register

Fran
18-Sep-15, 15:44
This happened to me. I couldn't buy my council house three plus years ago after living in it for over 30 years

fender
18-Sep-15, 18:38
It's come to light the tens of thousands of tenents have had their "Right to Buy" taken from them illegally ( this was before the right was suspended) when RSLs made fraudulent requests to the Regional Council to have Pressure Area Status in parts of the Highlands . Both Council and RSL tenents have fell foul of this alleged fraud. I just hope that the Scottish Parliament do the right thing and investigate this gross injustice .

"Right to Buy", correct me if I'm wrong but was that not introduced by Margaret Thatcher and her Conservative Government. The person us Scots are all suppose to have hated.

tonkatojo
18-Sep-15, 18:46
"Right to Buy", correct me if I'm wrong but was that not introduced by Margaret Thatcher and her Conservative Government. The person us Scots are all suppose to have hated.

Aye but that doesn't mean were daft either.

dozy
18-Sep-15, 18:51
This happened to me. I couldn't buy my council house three plus years ago after living in it for over 30 yearsIt has come to light that some RSL's used Pressured Area Status to stop the purchase to houses on their books. What has been said is that some fiddled the figures to get the HRC ( which also stood to benefit) ask the Scottish office to grant PAS. This stopped the right to buy in its tracks, RSL and the Council never even give those long term tenants their legal right to take that opportunity. They never even give a warning of closure or that it would time barred. I looked into this with a FOI request and there was no warning or correspondence about PAS and or its consequences . This was done by RSL boards behind closed doors. Which was and still is a breach of the rules, it's about time those tenants that were or feel cheated should make this known to their SMP ASAP. There is weight in numbers and they have a duty to investigate.

dozy
22-Sep-15, 16:47
It has come to light that some RSL's used Pressured Area Status to stop the purchase to houses on their books. What has been said is that some fiddled the figures to get the HRC ( which also stood to benefit) ask the Scottish office to grant PAS. This stopped the right to buy in its tracks, RSL and the Council never even give those long term tenants their legal right to take that opportunity. They never even give a warning of closure or that it would time barred. I looked into this with a FOI request and there was no warning or correspondence about PAS and or its consequences . This was done by RSL boards behind closed doors. Which was and still is a breach of the rules, it's about time those tenants that were or feel cheated should make this known to their SMP ASAP. There is weight in numbers and they have a duty to investigate.Word is that the fraud would exceed £250 million for Council houses and £380 million for Social housing. Add this to the compensation claims and legal fees and it will push £ 1billion, and that's just for Scotland. Where's the Housing regulator now ,their the body that should be making sure Landlords abide by the rules . Landlords should have given notice of any changes ,none did . Some tenants with 20 years plus could be looking at six figure compension claims coming their way.

tonkatojo
22-Sep-15, 19:50
I thin the Lib Dem bloke could be right about the Mugabe policy http://www.libdemvoice.org/opinion-cameron-is-in-danger-of-being-like-mugabe-on-property-46447.html
Or perhaps there could be some truth in this http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9534022/should-we-fear-a-mugabe-style-land-grab-in-rural-scotland/
Both interesting links lol.

rimajo
24-Sep-15, 16:34
has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread http://wigunpics.science/11/g.png