cullpacket
16-Sep-15, 22:52
Macloud & Macloud is in the Co-op the best by far Yum yum

davth
17-Sep-15, 07:32
congealed blood, mmmmmmmm, tasty

cullpacket
17-Sep-15, 08:50
Once you have a taste for blood, it never leaves you.Black pudding is a great source of protein, iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium.

davth
17-Sep-15, 09:28
Once you have a taste for blood, it never leaves you.Black pudding is a great source of protein, iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium.

not to forget a great source of abattoir floor sweepings

sids
17-Sep-15, 12:20

May depend who's making it, but I think the cereal thickens it, rather than a congealing process.

There's nothing wrong with puds from Harrolds' in Wick, though.

sids
17-Sep-15, 12:22
not to forget a great source of abattoir floor sweepings

Ooh- she's squeamish!

Southern-Gal
17-Sep-15, 15:30
I am not at all religious but I do think a lot of what is in the bible had good sound reasoning behind it.

Genesis 9:4 (http://biblehub.com/genesis/9-4.htm)
"But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.

Leviticus 7:26 (http://biblehub.com/leviticus/7-26.htm)
And wherever you live, you must not eat the blood of any bird or animal.

sids
17-Sep-15, 18:28
I am not at all religious but I do think a lot of what is in the bible had good sound reasoning behind it.

What is the good sound reasoning?

davth
17-Sep-15, 21:16

Im not sure the made up nonsense about a mythical sky man has much relevance to anything

captain chaos
17-Sep-15, 21:58
Its nothing more than a fairy story, and I would not want to base my life around that.

But back til black puddings, Castletowns buthers shop made are up there with the leaders

Kevin Milkins
17-Sep-15, 23:09
I used to like black pudding, until I did a course on embalming.:eek:

theone
18-Sep-15, 02:21

I'd like to hear your reasoning.

I think a lot of what is in the bible is nonsense.

But then again, maybe not.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 1 Timothy 2, 12

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
18-Sep-15, 06:37
How you deal with you own domestic violence is up to you, th eone.

theone
18-Sep-15, 07:24
How you deal with you own domestic violence is up to you, th eone.

Many thanks.

However my post was more to discredit the teachings of the bible rather than anything else.

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
18-Sep-15, 20:39
Many thanks.

However my post was more to discredit the teachings of the bible rather than anything else.

only joking but black pudding is the food of the gods

sids
18-Sep-15, 20:55
black pudding is the food of the gods

Isn't that rice pudding out of a tin?

captain chaos
18-Sep-15, 21:41
Lidls tinned rice pudding out of the fridge

Or hot blackpudding with cold heinz beans mixed together ....delicious with a fry up!!

wavy davy
18-Sep-15, 22:11
This wouldn't be the Org if someone didn't hijack the thread so here goes.
Who makes the best Scotch (shell) pies?
IMHO the supermarket ones are all crap. Johnstones of Thurso aren't bad, nicely seasoned, but don't have enough filling. Harrold the butchers in Wick are passable but too much filling, a bit chough. Any nominations?

sids
18-Sep-15, 22:32
Johnstones of Thurso aren't bad, nicely seasoned, but don't have enough filling.

Have two.

sids
04-Oct-15, 11:07
but don't have enough filling....... but too much filling

There's such a thing as being picky.

sids
04-Oct-15, 11:08
Just had Macleod & Macleod black pud.

It's great!

Kodiak
04-Oct-15, 13:24

Best place to get this from is "Portgower" :)

cullpacket
04-Oct-15, 22:20
Nice one that's what I thought.
It's a shame God & the politician never got a taste:eek:

Southern-Gal
04-Oct-15, 22:53
Blood is one of the best possible ways to grow cultures in labs. Meat not bled properly spoils much faster than well bled meat. I would imagine that back in the day, not ingesting disease and bacteria was a good place to start and maybe that is why it is not advised to eat it in the bible?
I am not permitted to give blood because pre 1990 I was given two blood transfusions and now my blood is deemed not safe enough. I never really thought much about it until I was informed that my blood might not be safe as a result of being given supposedly safe at the time blood. Events like that make you think!

Southern-Gal
04-Oct-15, 22:54
And vampires are terribly pale and unhealthy looking creatures!

sids
05-Oct-15, 06:25
Blood is one of the best possible ways to grow cultures in labs. Meat not bled properly spoils much faster than well bled meat. I would imagine that back in the day, not ingesting disease and bacteria was a good place to start and maybe that is why it is not advised to eat it in the bible?
I am not permitted to give blood because pre 1990 I was given two blood transfusions and now my blood is deemed not safe enough. I never really thought much about it until I was informed that my blood might not be safe as a result of being given supposedly safe at the time blood. Events like that make you think!

If you know your Bible, you'll know it takes a bit of living up to, what with all that rubbish about shrimps and hoofs!

Southern-Gal
05-Oct-15, 07:15
I don't ;)

Feel free to educate the masses.

Aestus57
05-Oct-15, 08:23
Proper Black Puddings come from Bury in Lancashire and are portion sized curved sausage shapes with their ends tied together with string.
They're a real treat with big globs of pure white fat in them. Great for heart attacks and clogging up the arteries!:roll:

theone
05-Oct-15, 08:46
Proper Black Puddings come from Bury in Lancashire and are portion sized curved sausage shapes with their ends tied together with string.

There's plenty of places that claim to be the original source of black puddings or to make the best. In reality they've been around for hundreds of years and nobody really knows where they came from.

I do enjoy a stornoway black pudding but the best I ever had was Polish. The worst I've ever had was in Paris, the the French tend to grind the ingredients down to make it have a very smooth, mousse like texture.

Aestus57
05-Oct-15, 08:58
[QUOTE=theone;1132329]There's plenty of places that claim to be the original source of black puddings or to make the best. In reality they've been around for hundreds of years and nobody really knows where they came from.

Everyone surely knows they were mined in Lancashire alongside the coal from the pits. :Razz

sids
05-Oct-15, 12:33
They're a real treat with big globs of pure white fat in them. Great for heart attacks and clogging up the arteries!:roll:

That sounds like some pale English imitation.

sids
05-Oct-15, 12:50
I don't ;)

Feel free to educate the masses.

He that eateth of the beast that divideth not the hoof, shall he be become afflicted by a bad case of the gallops.

George Brims
09-Oct-15, 23:54

I once read in a science magazine that a lot of the rule by which the Israelites in their desert wandering days lived were actually a good recipe for long term survival in that environment - pigs for instance are a bad idea because they root up plants you might want to eat from year after year. Though why there's an invocation against eating shrimp beats me!