PDA

View Full Version : Old post office in castletown reopened as wee shop

hells_belle
16-Sep-15, 20:39
The old post office on main street of Castletown has reopened as a wee shop.

Cards, and stationary.
New and second hand goods.

Well worth a wee lookie if you are passing

silkie
18-Sep-15, 18:40
What are your opening hours as the shop seems to be always shut.

poppett
18-Sep-15, 21:46
Went to have a look yesterday morning and it was closed.

gardeninginagale
18-Sep-15, 23:06
Could this be an urban myth? Or maybe just hope for the village? In 20 years here, I have seen so many businesses die. There used to be a shop next to the school, and another opposite the garage. And the garage no longer has fuel. Explain that to me. The McColl's is nae bad, but the only virtue here is the butcher. The butcher is fantastic, and worth travelling miles for. But if Dickie McKay has no fuel, the chip shop only opens on selected days, and the take-away next door is so ridiculously over-priced, what is the future for Castletown?

cptdodger
18-Sep-15, 23:37
I lived in Castletown for a while, out of all the different areas I have lived in up here, I found it to be the friendliest. I thought they were trying to sell the garage, maybe that's why they don't have fuel. Certainly there's not a lot of shops there, but Thurso is only five miles along the road. I honestly don't think it's going to affect people wanting to live there, I thought it was a lovely place to live.

Scunner
19-Sep-15, 02:01
Could this be an urban myth? Or maybe just hope for the village? In 20 years here, I have seen so many businesses die. There used to be a shop next to the school, and another opposite the garage. And the garage no longer has fuel. Explain that to me. The McColl's is nae bad, but the only virtue here is the butcher. The butcher is fantastic, and worth travelling miles for. But if Dickie McKay has no fuel, the chip shop only opens on selected days, and the take-away next door is so ridiculously over-priced, what is the future for Castletown?

Probably the same as all the other villages in the county. We survive and will likely continue to do so.

sids
19-Sep-15, 09:33
and the take-away next door is so ridiculously over-priced, what is the future for Castletown?

Starvation, or else boiling some spuds.

hells_belle
19-Sep-15, 10:00
shop open 11am untill 2pm tuesday to thursday:D

sids
19-Sep-15, 10:51
shop open 11am untill 2pm tuesday to thursday:D

That's quite a small window of opportunity to buy a card.

hells_belle
16-Oct-15, 16:37
worth a look,xmas just round corner,all sorts of thing for sale:)

hells_belle
06-Dec-15, 15:48
christmas paper,cards for sale:)

hells_belle
19-Dec-15, 15:39
lovely gift ideas,well worth look:)

hunsterboy
19-Dec-15, 18:30
lovely gift ideas,well worth look:)

Pity about the ill-considerate parking at it though.

donnick
20-Dec-15, 21:16
The shop owners are not responsible for the customers parking there is a car park opposite the shop