PDA

View Full Version : SGN Gas - Door callers

Wiseowl
14-Sep-15, 13:15
I was wondering whether anyone else has received a letter (not posted) through the door from 'SGN' stating that they have contractors in the Wick area at the moment coming to test gas appliances for free. After receiving this letter last week, i had a knock on the door this morning from someone asking to come in and check my appliances. Call me cynical, but I am rather suspicious of these type of things considering the amount of utility scams on the go at the moment. I told him I was about to leave for work and he told me he would come back then proceeded to stare behind me in to my house. I checked the number on the letter and the customer services number does not come up as the same on the SGN website. Has anyone else had these calls/letters that can assure me?

Murdina Bug
14-Sep-15, 14:43
Hi, Don't worry, it is legitimate! There was an advert/article in the Groat a while back about this scheme and letters have then been delivered to all gas users in Wick and Thurso. We've had the check in Thurso by a guy from Everwarm who SGN have subbed the work to. It's all to do with them needing to ensure the network and appliances are safe and suitable for different types of gas (or something techy like that - the Everwarm guy explained it to me!). The engineers all carry ID and basically you are just getting a free appliance test and a carbon monoxide detector. You can ring and make an appointment for them to come if you don't just want them popping in, the details should be on the letter.

theone
14-Sep-15, 14:56
I was sceptical too but it's legitimate. Got a free gas safe check a few weeks ago.

Wiseowl
14-Sep-15, 15:13
Thank you both for your responses! Suppose I will let him in next time he pops by then! :)

janmac
14-Sep-15, 21:12
hi, we got our free gas service from Everwarm a few weeks ago! made an appointment to suit us time/date, very friendly young man who chatted away while doing the job. we didnt need anything done boiler/appliances okay plus we got a new carbon monoxide gadget. No problems, but were told people were very sceptical and wouldnt allow workmen in to carry out the free service!

Shaggy
17-Sep-15, 18:32
I got a brand new heating system installed by Everwarm for absolutely nothing! they couldn't get spares for my old system so it was junked and a brand new combi boiler installed and plumbed in. Was done and dusted in 2 days :-)

XR2
18-Sep-15, 07:57
I had the card through my door too and was very wary especially as i have not received the letters or leaflets the card says I am supposed to have received! I did look on their website but couldn't spot anything at a glance that mentioned them doing checks in the area.

Glad to see from these posts it is all above board, better give them a call and set up an appointment!

Cheers

k888ven
09-Oct-15, 19:36
Hi Everwarm is a genuine company They came and checked all my gas appliances and found out my fire and cooker was faulty and I got a brand new Gas fire and a brand new Gas cooker for Free . This was all supplied and fitted within 2 days . The workmen from Boss, engineer and fitter were very pleasant and helpfull all work was covered with dust sheets and no mess left . I can not fault them and all THIS for FREE. NOT TO BE MISSED

poppett
10-Oct-15, 11:02
Helpful chap did ours too. Kitchen carbon monoxide detector supplies. Had only bought a new cooker a few weeks previously or my cooker would have been replaced too.

buddy
06-Nov-15, 11:48
Hi does anyone have a contact phone number for everwarm so I can make an appointment? Thanks

gillsbay
06-Nov-15, 20:52
0800 975 8312 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

buddy
07-Nov-15, 11:40
Thank you gillsbay