PDA

View Full Version : home cooking

chocolatechip
17-Apr-07, 21:31
What is the best thing about home cooking i think it's really tasty and least you know what you have put in it lol..... and what is the best thing you have made at home?:)

Rheghead
17-Apr-07, 21:38
Homemade gingerbread with a crust is the best, soggy gingerbread like in the shops is rubbish.

Homemade scones, shortbread and rock cakes are good. I don't like fancy cakes too much but that doesn't stop me eating them if available.:o

htwood
17-Apr-07, 22:11
A good brown bread, baked at home is the bestestest...wi butter of course. And a nice beef stew with fresh veg...you can't get that taste from a tin.

chocolatechip
17-Apr-07, 22:12
i love homemade soups like a fish soup that my sister makes it's lovely and i also like homemade potato and parsnip soup scrummy:lol:

highlander
17-Apr-07, 22:26
Homemade is the best, the only thing is when i start baking i forget to stop, LOL yesterday it was millionare shortbread and a apple crumble, the best soup i like making is green pea

Bobinovich
18-Apr-07, 10:47
Highlander you can drop any excess home baking off here LOL!

For me the best thing about home baking (well my wife's cheese scones & bread anyway) is scoffing it lashed in butter while it's still hot. Mmmmmmm *homer style slevers*

cuddlepop
18-Apr-07, 14:34
I had a tub of extra thick cream that had defrosted funny so made fruit scones with is.Yummyyyy.especially served just out the oven with lashings of butter and strawberry jam.
Who cares about being healthy and miserable,love handles and happy is far much more fun;)

DarkAngel
18-Apr-07, 14:41
I love homemade cooking..Just a shame im a terrible cook...Im a ping meal person...There are somethings i can cook like mince n tatties...Nothing beats my mithers home cooking tho..Shame i left home at 17!!! :( lol

Victoria
18-Apr-07, 16:35
The only thing I can cook is a good roast!

Now i'm hungry!! lol

Angela
18-Apr-07, 16:39
I think I'm best making soups, crumbles and biscuits...things that taste good but don't have to look too perfect :roll: :lol:

squidge
18-Apr-07, 16:56
I make a leg of lamb with a sticky sauce from a cordon bleue recipe which was in a set of magazines which were published in 1969ish. Its FANTASTIC and i have done it for twelve people with three legs of lamb and watched them fight over who gets to pick the bones - - wonderful

jekyll n hyde
18-Apr-07, 17:00
i think most ppl love home cooking....i love baking...especially when i was a child with my grandmother....she taught me most of what i know.....personally i think there is too much added ingredients in food today.....most of u cant even pronounce never mind know what it is.
Although it never stops us buying these products too......does this make us hypocrits??
Home cooking rules....lol

htwood
18-Apr-07, 18:37
oooo squidgelet.....gies that recipe for lamb....mmmmm...lammmmm.....mmm lamb.

stratman
18-Apr-07, 19:02
Homemade is the best, the only thing is when i start baking i forget to stop, LOL yesterday it was millionare shortbread and a apple crumble, the best soup i like making is green pea

Can I live in your house?

obiron
18-Apr-07, 19:53
I like cooking as long as i have a recipe in front of me im fine. Like baking too. Baked the other day with my oldest and think it was all gone in a couple of days.

Ricco
18-Apr-07, 20:21
My homemade guaqamole is to die for. :cool:

Rheghead
18-Apr-07, 20:26
My homemade guaqamole is to die for. :cool:

OK, I have googled but I am non-the-wiser, what is it please?:D

henry20
19-Apr-07, 08:28
Recipe for Guacamole - Avacado dip

http://www.cookeryonline.com/Tortilla/Guacamole.html

Me, I love home cooking and baking too, but I'm rubbish at baking as I get bored creaming the butter and sugar and they end up like weights.

jekyll n hyde
19-Apr-07, 11:02
Recipe for Guacamole - Avacado dip

http://www.cookeryonline.com/Tortilla/Guacamole.html

Me, I love home cooking and baking too, but I'm rubbish at baking as I get bored creaming the butter and sugar and they end up like weights.
sorry i had to laugh at gettin bored with creaming the butter and suger......that what its all about though.....gathering and mixing all the fresh ingrediants together and tasting the end result....lol
as it happens modern technology is on our sides now so if you enjoy baking invest in an electric whisk....as this maybe a lazy way but to say the least a quicker way...this should surpress the bordem before it set in...lol:lol:

henry20
19-Apr-07, 11:08
When I was at 'home' I used to get my dad to cream the butter and sugar once I got bored. Hubby is actually better at baking - but only because I won't let him stop creaming the butter until its light and fluffy!! I do have an electric whisk now ..... just need to find the time ..... and buy in ingredients!! :lol:

Angela
19-Apr-07, 14:32
I've never been a very patient person....always loved getting a taste of the uncooked mixture from the spoon...:lol: and I'm afraid I still do that now :eek:

henry20
21-Apr-07, 09:45
Well, as a result of this thread, I went out and bought ingredients and made a batch of butterfly cakes, but as I kick started my diet I didn't get to lick the bowl :( They seemed to turn out ok, Jeid had first sample and I think he survived it and hubby, well, he'll eat anything :eek:

Lolabelle
21-Apr-07, 12:35
I don't have a lot of choice with home made as a ceoliac I have to make sure everything is gluten free, so it is easier to just do it my self.

sassylass
21-Apr-07, 17:48
Drudgery Cooking (rush home from work, look in fridge, and whip up something) versus Glory Cooking (have all the ingredients, time to cook properly, and diners who say thank you).

Hate the former, love the latter.

engiebenjy
21-Apr-07, 22:28
My husband makes excellent cheese scones, pancakes that are better than the baker's, girdle scones etc. Only thing is he gets really grumpy when he stands for ages at the cooker making the pancakes, and when the mixture's done, there's none left because the girls have eaten them all!

I'm the one who can throw everything in the pan and make something quite tasty - he's not so good at that.

kwbrown111
21-Apr-07, 22:38
Hi Highlander

Any chance for recipe for millionaire shortbread. i would also like to make green pea soup but rest of family won't eat it

highlander
21-Apr-07, 22:42
No problem KWbrown i will post it on the recipies thread later

oldmarine
23-Apr-07, 01:11
I can't cook, bake, or any of those culinary things, but I do enjoy my wife's cooking, etc. My tastes are simple. Today I ate a good chicken salad and chicken noodle soup. As a diabetic I must be careful about too much sugar and I must control my weight. I did too much of the wrong type of eating during my youthful years and now I must be careful.

chocolatechip
24-Apr-07, 00:45
i know when i was being taught at home for a year b4 i went to a primary school up here i was always in the kitchen with my sister and brother helpin my mum do lodz and ldz of stuff we would make Cornish pasties, savoury pies, sweet pies, cakes and buns and alsorts of other stuff includuing cheese straws and cheese scones and o0ther bits and pieces i can't even remember it was such along time ago. LOL